Royal Dutch Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies, operating in over 80 countries and territories and employing more than 90,000 people. Our core values of Honesty, Integrity and Respect for People define who we are and how we work. Royal Dutch Shell has developed a global network of Shell Business Operations to provide first-class services to Shell companies across the world.
Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
Work location: Shell Energy Campus, Czerwone Maki 85
This role provides the successful candidate an opportunity to see various parts of the Upstream businesses through a CP (Contracting and Procurement) lens and to demonstrate such imperative Group behaviours as Commercial Mindset, External Focus and Speed of delivery. The role has a direct impact on delivery of business cost improvement through 3rd Party Spend management. The main focus will be on Sourcing and Contract management with Suppliers, and maximizing Value generation (creation and preservation) from dedicated categories.
By joining this CP Ops team, you will be part of a dynamic, challenging and leading edge Procurement Team. This is a challenging and rewarding role.
Work with stakeholders within Upstream, Projects, Wells (UPW) Business, Functions (e.g. Finance, HR) and across Organizational boundaries to deliver substantial value by:
- Creating a deeper business partnership within the scope of the role focused to deliver maximum business value
- Utilize market knowledge and business drivers to develop and execute fit-for-purpose commercial strategies and work plans for Tactical and Operational spend, aligned with CMCP guidelines
- Provide a strong commercial influence with optimizing demand and specifications
- Deliver end-to-end cost savings
- Setting and executing sourcing activities end to end across multiple Businesses/Functions
- Manage a Medium complexity and Medium-touch Contract portfolio
- Develop, tender and negotiate contracts in line with the Business Demand
- Maximize value from Tactical and Operational contracts and implement Enterprise Framework Agreements and Category contracts
- Manage Tactical and Operational Contracts and Outline Agreements in line with Contract Segmentation guidelines and principles
+5 years of experience with commercial transactions or negotiation,
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in any Commercial Discipline, including Law, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain/CP, Business/Management (inc. HR) and Marketing.
Ability to make decisions and execute with support of stakeholders even under circumstances of ambiguity of information without full picture known
Proven track record of execution excellence and delivering results
Well organised and able to manage competing priorities without a lot of direction and support from the line
Strong analytical skills and ability to work independently
Very good commercial sense and understanding of procurement
Demonstrate a sound track record of delivery in a commercial environment and be able to show good customer focus
Some awareness/knowledge of SAP Blueprint and RtP process will be very beneficial.
Number of Vacancies: 1
Benefits of working at Shell:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of
the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects
Shell is an Equal Opportunity