Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We are offering you an internship in Data Science team!
Finance & Data Operations, Data Science Team (DS) is responsible for delivering value to business units within Shell. This position is part of a multidisciplinary data scientists team delivering advanced analytics projects for different businesses within Shell.
This role is ideal for students with a strong quantitative background who wish to specialise in business applications of Artificial Intelligence in general and Data Science in particular.
Intern responsibilities in Data Science team:
• Supporting the development of analytical models for projects collaborating with different business stakeholders & other partners and working across a range of technologies and tools
• Supporting the Data Analytics team with data preparation and analytics projects
• Working with data and technology experts to help in analytics projects and deliver solutions
During the internship in Shell you will work with an incredibly diverse range of people on a project that encourages you to use your knowledge and skills in original and innovative ways. This is a chance for you to put into practice theories and concepts learned at the University.
We are offering you:
• Fully paid, 3-months internship with a certificate of completion
• 5 days of holidays
• Buddy – a person who will be supporting you during the Internship Programme
• Fun & integration time
• Canteen for Shell employees with 50% discount for meals and coffee corner
• Python and/or R programming
• MS Office knowledge – Excel in particular
• Knowledge of Statistics and/or Econometrics and/or Machine Learning fields
• Problem solving orientation
• Curiosity and ability to self-learn
• Knowledge of Power BI and Alteryx would be an asset
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects