Loan Administration Specialist
Job Reference #
The Loan Administrator is responsible for the timely handling of all Loan Operations related to agency, bilateral & syndicated deals. The position requires a person with operations background, keen observation and due diligence skills. The role also requires a person who is comfortable reading and interpreting credit agreements/ loan notices, well versed in excel and knowledgeable in financial transactions.
• Loan Management: Processing loan-repayments, -rollovers, -borrowings, -conversions, Letter of Credit bookings, trade bookings, manual payments, compliance & fee tracking
• Controlling: Managing mailboxes, investigating cash and intersystem breaks, preparing data for review, completing ad-hoc requests from other teams and departments, ensuring systems are updated correctly based on the available credit agreement details, ensuring interest and fee payments are made timely, checking for facility/ counterparty cancellations, reviewing quarterly pay-downs
• Reporting : Updating reports – daily/ quarterly/ ad-hoc for various activities
• Other duties: Documentation downloading , Participating in Robotic Initiatives/ User Acceptance Testing for new projects
Daily Activities :
• Process daily activity events & transactions such as rollovers, funding requests, repayments, letters of credit processing
• Manage resolutions of un-reconciled funds and discrepancies
• Mange exceptions and escalations
• Be well versed in team KPIs/SLAs
• Interface with Business, Finance, Credit Risk Management teams and agent banks as and when required
• Analyze Credit Documentation and ensure correct reflection of the documentation in systems
• Reconciliation of interests, fees, billing and invoicing
• Remain up to speed regarding lending and other financial services
• Manage reporting and compliance requirements of loans
• Prepare and submit timely reports
• Work within established regulations and adhere to law requirements at all times
• Assist in robotics initiatives, UATs and new initiatives
You’ll be working in the Loan Administration Team in the UBS office in Zabierzów (Kraków Business Park). As part of this team you will be providing global loan servicing support for the syndicated loan product for EMEA and North America Region and interacting on a daily basis with Agents, Lenders, trading counterparties and internal onshore teams. The work in this team will give you a great opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of a global syndicated loans process.
• You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Mathematics, or closely-related quantitative field from an accredited school
• You have 1-2+ years of relevant experience in loans administration or investment bank operations
• Good knowledge of banking computer software and MS Office
• Comprehension of direct/ indirect lending procedures
• In-depth understanding of relevant rules and regulations on the financial market
Good to have:
• Understanding of origination and syndication process
• Loan IQ skills
• Experience and familiarity with Credit Agreements and other related loan documentation
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Proven working experience in a loan processor role
• Strong focus on controls, procedures, quality, accuracy and detail oriented
• Well versed in Macros, VBA and other analytics tools
• Self-motivated, confident and committed to the company goals
• Able to use MS-Office with advanced knowledge in Word, Excel and Power Point
• Capable to function under stressful conditions
• Ability to multi-task
• Flexible and learning capacity to adapt to on-going changes
• Client service oriented
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.