Lead DevOps Engineer (IB Client Lifecycle Management)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an enthusiastic technology professional? Are you excited about seeking an enriching career; working for one of finest financial institutions in the world? Do you want to define the way our developer infrastructure operates? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
- Able to both lead a team and influence others teams to succeed
- Participate in defining and prioritizing a backlog of work for DevOps teams
- Focused on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on non-functional requirements like resilience, stability, scalability, security across many projects
- Help ensure that dev/test/prod environments are effectively managed by DevOps teams
- Develop custom tools and integrate with existing tools to increase engineering productivity
- Evaluate, plan and integrate technical infrastructure solutions
- Help implement a CI/CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development
- Guarantee a secure infrastructure environment as well as production stability and performance
- Develop best practices, and standards for product lifecycle as well as cross-functional teams collaboration
- Develop patterns so that all functional and non-functional capability can be monitored for health
- Analyze errors in systems and define corrective measures (you’ve got a good eye)
- Collaborate directly with delivery teams to configure performance and monitoring tools (such as Splunk and AppDynamics) to get insight into the components they deliver
- Use scripting skills and a range of tools to help make our delivery process fast, reliable and automated. You will regularly use tools including TeamCity, Sonar, Nexus, Splunk and AppDynamics
- Create accurate documentation for use by DevOps, Development, QA, Support teams
IB IT Client Lifecycle Management is a global technology team responsible for building and delivering solutions for mastering and distribution of Client lifecycle management and client on-boarding, off-boarding and maintenance. We are part of the IB Operations function within Group Technology in UBS and we are dedicated to providing data that is a critical enabler to the various businesses and logistics functions across the Bank, providing a central source of high quality reference data (including Client, Account, SSI, Instrument, Issuer, Pricing, Book, Product and Calendar) to those functions within the UBS Group.
Lead Development and Operations Engineer is a core engineering role responsible for all aspects of application build, deployment and monitoring. Working with other members of the IB CLM DevOPS team and project delivery teams successful candidate for the Lead DevOps Engineer role will have the goal of creating a zero touch, secure and enjoyable delivery process built from the best in class tooling.
- Strong experience in Linux OS (RedHat), knowledge of internals of OS
- Experience in Windows Server management
- Puppet scripting language experience
- Experience using containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Unix and Windows command line tools
- Powershell scripting language experience
- .Net Web application deployment experience in Windows, knows IIS, MSMQ
- Java Web application deployment experience in Linux, using Tomcat and ideally WebSphere
- Familiarity and understand of load balancing, especially F5
- Understand TLS/SSL protocol
- AppDynamics, Splunk, NetCool experience
- GitHub & Subversion versioning systems
- Strong communication skills and well organised with the ability to multi task
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with LDAP and Siteminder advantageous
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.