This role resides within the EMEA GCG DPIM Web & Middleware team and we support GCG (Global Consumer Group) businesses for the entire EMEA region.
As a team member your main responsibility will be to support EMEA Middleware, Messaging infrastructure and products. An excellent functional knowledge of the technologies supported by the team are required in order to plan, deploy and maintain the infrastructure. You will also be a strong communicator for both technical and non-technical staff, prioritising effectively and progressing tasks across multiple projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to both BAU support and the delivery of a range of critical Business and Technology driven projects through the installation, support, and management of Web & Middleware products.
- Take on oversight and ownership of team deliverables, co-ordinating other team members in order to deliver results.
- Play a contributory role in the design of Middleware and Web Hosting technical solutions and Middleware environments.
- Provide advanced expertise across Middleware and infrastructure teams in organization related to supported products line.
- Ownership and co-ordination of tasks relating to all aspects of Service Delivery.
- Process Middleware problem and incidents tickets.
- Trouble-shoot, resolve and coordinate Middleware or Middleware related incidents.
- Liaise with other internal groups and third party vendors to resolve problems and incidents.
- Provide root-cause analysis for Middleware or Middleware related incidents and problems.
- Perform performance optimization of the supported infrastructure using available tools.
- Understand, use, create and enhance monitoring tools associated with the supported Middleware products.
- Creation and rollout of scripts and procedures to support the automation of tasks and processes
- Play a proactive role in process improvement within the team, along with maintaining good quality support documentation.
- May be required to provide 24*7 on-call support as 3rd line for critical Production systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to communicate well across all levels (written and verbally) in English. Polish will be an advantage
- Experience with at least 1 of following products: IBM WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, IHS, Tibco products, Solace, Kafka
- Strong understanding and demonstrable experience of supporting complex, high-availability services.
- Experience of interacting with a wide range of teams and individuals at various levels.
- Proven track record of trouble shooting and problem solving
- Familiarisation with customer service techniques and the principles of ITIL
- A good team member, able to guide/support colleagues and to take guidance where necessary
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Collaboration with a high quality team in a challenging areas of the financial industry and Team support.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management.
- Great place to work.
- Work with new technologies.
- Many different learning opportunities.
- Flexible working environment.
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits