Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
In October 2018, Shell went live with a drastically different HR operating model. Part of that new operating model is HR Advice, that is responsible for all support to front-line leaders in relation to employee and team related matters. Previously Shell employed local HR business partners in all the countries it was operating in, however with the creation all local HR Business partners have been ceased, and support is now coming from HR Advice. This is a major shift in philosophy and at the same time a very exiting journey to set up a new organization dedicated to partnering with line managers.
This position is to support line managers and provide them with end-to-end advice on HR matters/queries. We are in a journey of growing our impact on the business, we are therefore looking for an experienced HR professional to help us in that journey, someone who has experience in partnering with the business and can bring that mindset to our organization. At the same time, helping us to grow the competences required to be an effective and trusted advisor to the business.
- Responsible for delivering HR advice to employees and line managers; supporting managers with HR-related cases.
- Diagnose incoming request to establish needs of the line manager and/or employee; subsequently take ownership for resolution or determine correct routing to other part of the HR model.
- Provide seamless end-to-end resolution of HR queries to line managers and employees. Queries may include, but not limited to: Exit/ Redundancy management; Policy guidance; Absence management; Leave, Retirement, Benefits advice
- Support Line Managers with Organizational Management, related to organizational changes and resourcing.
- Support Line Managers with local and global policy queries.
- Apply policies to specific business situations, including determining exceptions.
- Support with the execution of global/local change initiatives.
- Responsible for delivering great employee experience through pro-actively addressing employee and line manager needs.
- Provide coaching and feedback to line managers, equipping to line managers to deal with HR related matters in a correct and compliant way.
- Supports the execution and timely delivery of critical business change initiatives. This includes, but not limited to: Country-specific organization redesign implementation; business/function ramp-up or demobilization events, requiring cross-HR co-ordination e.g. Talent, Integrated Resourcing and International Mobility.
- Previous experience of working in HR business partnering/HR advice role within an international organization
- Good understanding of HR Model, and where to find specialist knowledge
- Knowledge of local and global policies, and the associated processes
- An understanding of policy intent with knowledge of when exceptions should be applicable
- Working knowledge of different IT-systems (e.g. Workday, SAP)
- Excellent French is a must
- Fluent English
- Employee Centric and Service Excellence mindset
- Ownership; end to end accountability for resolution
- Assertivenes and courage to challenge
Number of Vacancies:
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects