This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Bank Handlowy’s Boards, their affiliates and the regulators.
The individual will be responsible for the development and delivery of a risk based IA plan that is executed in accordance with the department's internal regulations. To successfully deliver the plan, the candidate will need to partner with the product and technology audit teams as well as respective business leaders.
- Develops and executes a robust audit plan for the assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards and regulations.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and regulatory issue validation.
- Applies comprehensive expertise and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
- Recruits staff, builds effective teams, and manages a budget.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
- Develops and maintains effective senior line management relationships inside and outside of the IA function.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, empathy and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought.
- Strong understanding of the banking businesses.
- Internal Audit knowledge supported with the relevant certifications (CIA, CFA, ACCA, PRM or similar).
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Specific mix of subject matter expertise regarding Finance, Risk Management and a solid understanding of IT, Legal and Compliance matters.
- Senior level experience in people management.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of Internal and External Audit and the Management.