The successful candidate will be responsible for undertaking Independent Control oversight activities for Securities Service Operations in EMEA. Partnering with the Operations team, the role holder will have responsibility for identification and addressing key control issues. Product coverage includes Custody Asset Servicing, Issuer (Agency & Trust), Direct Custody & Clearing, Global Custody, Middle Office and Fund Accounting. Warsaw is the primary geographic focus of the role however the successful candidate will work closely with teams across the globe and support controls initiatives across the globe when required.
- Partner with Operations to capture, track, learn from and minimize Operational Risk Events
- Advising on risks, appropriateness of controls, improvement needs & best practices.
- Lead projects focused on control environment effectiveness and improvements
- Engage in CASS Reporting and Oversight
- Coordinate and conduct oversight of the Manager Control Assessment process,
- Participating in Balance Sheet Exception Report / Non Balance Sheet Exception Report Ops evaluations and reviews, .
- Conducting thematic reviews of Significant Control Events., participate in projects and control initiatives.
- Obtain, edit and consolidate data for periodic senior management reporting.
- A broad understanding of the Securities Services Operations, especially Custody & Issuer business coupled with demonstrable experience in Audit/Controls related functions would be advantageous.
- Keen analytical skills and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work in a pressured environment and meet deadlines.
- Good organizational / time management skills.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Confident in ability to achieve objectives by working with and influencing others those who are not under their direct control.
- Ability to question the status quo.
- Proactively preventing problems.
- Team player, highly motivated.
- Fluent English
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Opportunity to learn through participation in various projects and cross training
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
- High exposure coming from direct cooperation with senior management