Operational Risk Data Analyst
Job Reference #
Do you enjoy transforming complex data into a story that brings new information and convinces people to take actions? Do you have an analytical mind? Do you enjoy the challenge of having to communicate across different levels of understanding?
We are looking for someone like this to contribute to data analytics delivery within Compliance & Operational Risk, Corporate Center and Risk Control (C&ORC CC and RC) and help us with:
• establishing relationships with business stakeholders to identify and address C&ORC CC and RC relevant risk areas in the organization
• actively collaborating with other teams and Subject Matter Experts to identify relevant data sources, help develop value-add assessments and properly measure level of risk
• advising stakeholders on analytical approaches to problems and associated costs and trade-offs
• blending/analyzing (by means of wrangling, visualizing and modeling) data from various sources towards providing support for stakeholders
• designing and implementing technical solutions to enable monitoring of levels of risks, often by means of a user-friendly interface
• presenting presentations to inform/educate the stakeholders about the findings of the analysis
C&ORC CC and RC is part of the Group Compliance, Regulatory & Governance function and provides oversight of a variety of risks across UBS Group. We do this by assessing key processes as well as governance, risk management, and the control environment within all business divisions globally. Within C&ORC CC and RC, our Data Analytics team works collaboratively with our stakeholders to manage all aspects of design and delivery of information solutions.
• a university degree, preferably in an analytical field (Math, Statistics, Physics, Finance or IT)
• at least 4-5 years of experience in data analytics related roles
• a good understanding of operational risk
• experience in applying advanced statistical techniques (descriptive statistics, statistical modelling, machine learning etc.)
• experience in working with large and complex data sets
• experienced programmer in programming languages extensively used in data analytics: e.g. R, Python - would be an asset
• excellent communication and presentation skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.