Java/Workflow Technical Lead
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you a multitasker and able to split your work between technical, analytical and leadership tasks? Are you passionate about technologies and building robust and scalable systems? Are you able to contribute to and lead distributed delivery teams in collaboration with global business teams to achieve our goals?
We are looking for a hands-on, experienced application technical lead who can lead development and delivery on applications in Finance Technology. You will be required to:
- Drive the design and delivery of global solutions in accordance to the system development life cycle (SDLC). There will be a particular focus on applications used for Finance controlling processes.
- Provide visibility into progress, risks and issues in regular stakeholder updates
- Lead distributed delivery teams and support with day-to-day activities
- Develop technology road map and own the implementation. Drive improvements in the application and the surrounding application landscape
- Take ownership of quality and production stability of applications and infrastructure we deliver
- Develop strong and trusted working relationship with stakeholders across IT and business teams
- Provide leadership to the local team in Poland
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You will be part of the Finance Technology team within Finance, Risk and Data IT organization. Our software and tools are at the heart of UBS's Corporate Centre where we provide bank-wide solutions to support the business processes in these functions. The team is global based in Switzerland, UK, EMEA, APAC and the US.
– Proven IT Delivery management track record with 12+ years experience of software development and/or Project Management.
– A track record of fostering relationships with business users
– Experience of developing applications used for Finance controlling processes
– Hands-on Knowledge of Java 8, Workflow tools (Activiti or Flowable are a must) and UI technologies like REACT, HTML5
– Experience on cloud technologies or cloud enabled databases (PostGres) is desirable
– Experience in Cloud adoption and deployment on MS Azure and hybrid environments
– Strong knowledge of financial business processes
– Collaboration skills to work with diverse stakeholders
– A great communicator both written and verbal along with stakeholder management
– An expert at building networks and connections
– A pragmatic "can do" attitude
– Known for achieving deadlines and staying within budget
– Results-driven individual with ability to deliver good quality solutions to tight timelines
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.