Product Control is a global control function within Citi Finance and is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of a trading desk or business product. Product Control reports daily and monthly revenues and is responsible for key controls over data integrity and reconciliations, P&L and Balance Sheet reporting, P&L attribution analysis (PAA), new activity review, valuation control and some aspects of regulatory reporting.
In this role, the candidate will be a member of a newly created Global Product Control Policy, Controls and Governance Team, responsible for developing and maintaining a globally robust, consistent and efficient controls framework for Product Control. The candidate will be focusing on Governance and Reporting of MCA, PAA and Valuations key performance indicators. The candidate will be also involved in co-ordination of all areas of Policy, Controls and Governance, driving change and improvement within a key area for Citi.
- Contributes to strategic direction of Global Product Controls Policy, Controls and Governance function in the establishment of robust Control reporting methodology.
- Standardize controls reporting output across global Product Control – drive systems developments to match the requirements of policies and procedures.Ensures timely delivery of high quality central global metrics pack
- Metric report on completeness of documentation in the SharePoint
- Produce Citi PAA and Valuations Steering Committee materials
- Define and ensure completeness and consistency of standard output templates for documentation
- Develop and maintain global procedures as it relates to Governance and Reporting framework.
- Uses excellent communication skills to influence senior stakeholders and generate support in a matrix reporting environment for key initiatives
- Directly engages on detailed issues as well as identifies and mitigates broader issues and risks
- Enhance the existing controls framework that strengthens the control environment through centralization, standardization, and automation resulting in increased transparency into Controls Framework.
- Collaborates across businesses and functions to improve identification, quantification, measurement, reporting and governance of internal control environments.
- Delivers learning and development programs and is a recognized leader in training and developing others.
- Supports EMEA GPC Lead in coordinating the quarterly risk assessment process for the assessment units under EMEA ownership and ensures timely submission of the assessments in GRC. Critically review and challenge the assessments based on the independent information available.
- Contributes to maintain the gold copy ARCM (Activity, Risk, Control & Monitoring) document for Global Product Control and ensure timely updates in GRC by the respective assessment unit coordinators across all regions.
The role will involve daily interaction with other managers throughout the global organization, including but not limited to Directors and/or Managing Directors of Finance, trading desks, risk management, business unit management teams.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Finance and /or Accounting degree preferred;
- Advanced degree, Professional Accounting qualification and/or CFA a big plus;
- Minimum 8-12 years related business experience required; experience supporting derivatives / trading desks;
- Must have strong knowledge in accounting fundamentals, project management, financial modeling and experience with derivative products;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both verbal and written. The successful candidate needs to be able to communicate complex Valuation and PAA matrices and issues with a variety of audiences who have varying levels of expertise
- A control focused mind-set with strong process improvement capabilities. Must be able to evaluate relative control risks and develop creative solutions
- Able to determine strategic direction and influence the control framework
- Good understanding of regulations
- Ability to manage a team and work effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing environment
- An ability to influence senior stakeholders and generate support in a matrix reporting environment for key initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to directly engage on detailed issues but also an ability to absorb summary data to identify and mitigate broader issues and risks
What we offer:
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of Private Banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process re engineering and digital transformation
- Equal opportunity for all of our colleagues to climb up the career ladder
- Freedom to succeed in a dynamic environment: creative and innovative ideas are encouraged and recognized
- A positive and inclusive work environment in which diversity and cross-regional work-streams are key components
- Agile working: the office is based around a state of the art flexible floor plan called ‘Citi-Works’. This delivers a positive and bright work environment.
- An environment conducive to developing supervisory/leadership/presentation skills and build a professional network across the organization globally
- A great place to be part of a socially active team: the chance to participate in regular charity events and social gatherings.
Citi’s Finance Division is comprised of various global functions, including: Product Control, Treasury, Controllers, Balance Sheet Substantiation, Financial Projects & Initiatives, and Financial Planning & Analysis. The Finance Division is the guardian and communicator of key financial information and controls. As a partner with Citi’s various businesses, Citi Finance drives business franchise and legal entity decisions on capital planning, liquidity, budgeting, tax, strategic direction and policy management.