Shell Business Operations (SBO) Krakow sits at the centre of Shell’s global businesses, providing an operational backbone to our essential business functions. Working in a vibrant community with strong values and a supportive culture, an SBO-Krakow job will offer the chance to build a lasting and meaningful career. As one of six Business Service Operations centres, located worldwide, a job in Krakow will give you the chance to interact and work with people across the world, helping to deliver excellent support to business clients and internal stakeholders as well as advanced financial operations.
We are currently looking for an experienced marketing professional with strong background in marketing cost effectiveness, marketing spend analysis etc, to join our Global Marketing Performance Team for Shell's Lubricants Business. The role is located in our Krakow office with reporting line Global Marketing Performance Manager based in Germany.
Shell Lubricants is a Market Leader and on a significant growth journey which is heavily driven by Marketing. Shell Lubricants operates in 30+ countries worldwide. It serves B2B as well as B2C customers with award winning products and is well recognized around the world. The Marketing organization runs a wide range of activities to drive brand value and help to increase Sales.
The Marketing Performance Team has successfully implemented new tools and processes to better plan, track and analyse Marketing Spend. The team is part of the global Marketing team which coordinates the global Marketing activities and drives excellence and innovation across the organization.
The role provides a challenging opportunity to deliver significant commercial impact aligned with the vision set under Shell Downstream.
The focus of this role is extracting key insights from the newly introduced Marketing Intelligence Tool (MIT) and working with the local markets and global teams to embed these into actions that flow through into marketing plans and media plans. The Marketing Intelligence Tool measure effectiveness of Marketing activities (return of investment and brand improvement). The need to be put in business context and discussed with the local markets.
- Extract strategic insights from the digital Marketing Effectiveness tool and drive related actions through the regional teams.
- Responsible for defining a common measurement framework for Lubes marketing teams to ensure spending discipline working with stakeholders in Marcomms, Finance, Marketing, Data Analytics to deliver a fit for purpose and integrated view of what to measure, why, who and when.
- Hold workshops with markets to align on key business questions.
- Review existing measurement and reporting approaches and refine and develop these. Ensure measurement requirements are an integrated part of the marketing planning process and related reporting.
- Train local Marketers on tool functionalities and ensure adequate usage
- Give input to vendor and internal teams (IT, digital hub, data scientist, etc) to help further improve the MIT tool
- Give input to help design a roadmap to implement an ecosystem of digital tools and processes
- Work with data sources to collect data at correct level of granularity and over correct period of time.
- Validate processed data with appropriate users in market. Iterate with market to correct any data issues / change granularity of data (campaign hierarchy) to ensure that it can answer business questions in its current form.
- min 5 years experience in marketing/analytics/digital product owner environment
- Media and Market Research experience preferred
- Demonstrable track record of delivering multi-country marketing technology change management curriculums
- Possess Data fluency in marketing and digital media
- Strong strategic, analytical and data management skills
- High degree of leadership, communication and ability to drive results through others
- Experience in working in a complex stakeholder environment
- Ability to take commercial perspective on marketing planning activities
- Meaningful work in a company that is universally respected as a truly global energy leader (one of the world’s biggest companies according to Fortune Global 500)
- Unique opportunity to fulfill your potential with personal and professional development programs
- Work in a smart and motivated team within a supportive and inclusive culture with strong values
- Attractive salary and bonuses
- Complex medical care and individual life insurance
- Sports programme & facilities e.g. Multisport Benefits Card, vouchers for free time activities
- Good atmosphere at work and comfortable working environment: own canteen and a few relax rooms
- Opportunity to participate in social and community projects