The Valuation Control Group (VCG) is an independent global group within Product Control responsible for reviewing and reporting fair value inventory.
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to work within the Valuation Control Group as lead analyst covering regional processes within Rates & Currencies asset class.
VCG is organized along business lines and clients of the group include Business Heads, Line Product Control, Market Risk, Model Risk, Compliance, Legal Department, Middle Office, Internal Audit, external audit firms and the regulatory bodies in countries impacted by Citi’s footprint. VCG collaborates closely with its client base to ensure complete understanding of business valuation issues and accurate execution of valuation control policy.
- Responsible for working across Product Control, Risk and Operations and Business to perform IPV
- Involvement in key valuation regional projects
- Play a lead role in key valuation projects through significant involvement in the UAT and consistency workstreams.
- Developing and carrying out price testing for derivatives on FX and interest rates markets.
- Developing valuation adjustments methodologies and performing relevant calculations
- Compilation of data to produce detailed Valuation reports for Desk Heads, Controllers and Risk summarizing the valuation control results across the Business
- Ensuring appropriate regulatory reporting on monthly basis
- Creating and maintaining relevant process documentation
- Enhancing existing control framework by reviewing pricing processes, assessing potential coverage developments and implementing new tools to enhance control efficiency
- Developing strong working relationships with the Desk, Finance, Audit, Quant and Market Risk partners throughout the firm
- Performing ad hoc analysis on any new pricing issues
- Ensuring timely remediation of regulatory matters requiring attention, audit findings and associated reporting demands associated with the area of responsibility
- Development of appropriate controls to effectively ensure compliance with Policies and Standards pertaining to valuation control
What we look for:
- 3+ years of experience performing valuation related analysis or significant experience in similar area.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in any finance, economics or quantitative related subject would be an asset
- Comprehensive understanding of financial markets and valuation methodologies applicable to the pricing of liquid and illiquid investments
- Proficient in MS Excel; Programming experience (VBA, Python, others) is a plus
- Ability to comply with all required controls, governance and policies
- Highly organized with program management skills
- Understanding how to design and maintain a robust control framework
- Hands-on experience of implementing new or enhancing existing valuation methodologies
What we offer:
- Work in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies with exposure to variety of products, processes and controls
- Cooperation with a high quality, international, multicultural and global team
- Work in a friendly and diversified environment, appreciating differences in style and perspective and using them to add value to decisions leading to organizational success
- Management supporting balanced and agile work (flexible working hours, home office)
- Attractive benefits package (Benefit System, medical care, pension plan etc.)
- A chance to make a difference with various affinity networks and charity initiative