At PMI, we have chosen to do something incredible! We are totally redefining our business and building our future on smoke-free products with the power to improve the lives of a billion smokers worldwide.
With the huge change, comes a huge opportunity. So, wherever you join us, you will enjoy the freedom to dream up and deliver better, brighter solutions and the space to move your career forward in endlessly new directions.
PMI’s journey to a smoke-free future is fueled by technology.
The total transformation we are going through means that there are outstanding IT projects here to match all levels of skills and ambitions – from pace-setting global pilot projects to vital local updates. Whether you want to pursue a personal passion or build an international career, there’s space here to develop in any number of directions.
To join us in IT you will need to be driven and equally happy whether you are taking the strategic view or investigating processes. We will make sure you are set up to succeed whatever your project is, our culture is agile and collaborative, and we genuinely believe our people are some of the best you’ll ever work with.
Digital Workplace & Collaboration (DW&C)
As we accelerate our digital journey, we are reshaping the experience of our entire workforce using modern solutions that allow everybody to work and collaborate in a flexible and effective manner. Our mission is to ensure that nothing gets in the way of our colleagues when using digital workplace products and services, so they can simply focus on getting their job done. We constantly look at improving our offering by incorporating new features and are responsible to operate the services on a global scale.
Your 'day to day'- We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect that is passionate about crafting and delivering outstanding IT services to a worldwide organization and relentlessly looks at improving the lives of their colleagues.
- As a Senior Solution Architect, you will ensure that the evolution of the Microsoft Teams platform constantly brings value across the different parts of our business. To do so, you will demonstrate your excellent technical and business knowledge to design, govern and secure the Microsoft Teams platform, as well as solutions built on top of, or coordinated with it.
- You will closely collaborate with suppliers and internal resources (DW&C peers, infrastructure, and security architects) to identify significant changes to Microsoft Teams and associated components. You will also define the most appropriate roadmap in the context of the overall Digital Workplace and business evolution.
- You will lead proofs-of-concept and pilots to evaluate new (major) capabilities and support the DW&C capability team to build, deploy, and transition new features to DW&C operations, as well as promote them in the organization (blogs, community posts, live webcasts, inputs for training material).
- Finally, you will take part in a global community of architects to share knowledge and promote the usage of standardized solutions and practices.
- You are thriving in constantly evolving environments, love to learn new skills and deliver new functionalities, can engage directly with partners to capture their requirements and map them to the best possible solution. You can clearly articulate, argument and document your thoughts so that your designs and recommendations are understood and properly implemented by operational teams. You’ll be acutely aware that transformation requires a ‘roll up the sleeves’ mentality, a lot of partnership and effective knowledge sharing.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, YOU WILL- Be responsible for the architectural integrity and evolution of the Microsoft Teams platform at a global scale, including its roadmap
- Define architecture principles and associated governance to ensure the platform stays secure and performs adequately
- Engage with internal partners (mostly other IT platform owners) to determine the most appropriate usage and integration requirements of Microsoft Teams within the entire enterprise IT landscape
- Constantly assess new features and engage with business partners (including Microsoft) to determine their potential benefits to our workforce, or affect existing operations
- Actively participate in ‘scrum’ ceremonies to align activities with the rest of the DW&C team members
- Provide technical guidance to and share knowledge with DW&C Engineers who are building and operating the platform
Who are we looking for?- Proven deep and broad technical expertise designing, piloting, deploying and transitioning Microsoft 365 collaboration solutions to operational teams with a focus on Microsoft Teams, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online
- Meaningful experience in solution architecture for a large company, including demonstrated ability in designing, governing, documenting, securing and launching global solutions
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in an IT or related engineering field (e.g. telecommunications)
- Ability to deliver results in global, matrixed environments comprised of internal and external partners
- Multifaceted, confident personality with the ability to successfully define and drive own priorities with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals
- Substantial skills in communication, writing, and ability to collaborate across multiple departments
- Great teammate with demonstrable ability to lead through influence
WHAT WE OFFEROur success depends on the men and women who come to work every single day with a sense of purpose and an appetite for progress. Join PMI and you too can:
- Seize the freedom to define your future and ours. We will empower you to try new things, experiment and explore
- Be part of an inclusive, diverse culture, where everyone’s contribution is respected; collaborate with some of the world’s best people and feel like you belong
- Pursue your ambitions and develop your skills with global business – our staggering size and scale provide endless opportunities to progress.
- Take pride in delivering our promise to society: to improve the lives of a billion smokers
- Possibility to get refund for various courses, certificates, language courses or studies
- Work from home (9 days in a month), compressed work week will give you a chance to combine your work and private life
- You drive your own development. Due to our big IT transformation you can find numerous internal opportunities
- Medical and dental care, private insurance, pension plan
- Subsidised meals (50% discount in our canteen), freshly ground coffee, foodtrucks in our garden
- Working part time for the 1st month after parental leave (100% paid), Company kindergarten
- Multisport program, social and charity events
- Free car, bike and motorcycle parking for everyone!