Brown Brothers Harriman is currently recruiting for Project Manager to join Change Management team. As a Project Manager you will manage medium to large projects and/or segments of larger, more complex projects through the project development life cycle. Projects may cross divisions and impact various lines of business. You will work closely with sponsors and Systems counterparts to define the project scope, develop the project plan, and manage the project budget. You will also be responsible for the execution of project tasks, mitigation of project risks, resolution of issues and management of resources to successfully meet project goals and deliverables. You will lead a team of subject matter experts, analysts and other participants to ensure successful project execution in accordance with best practices and standards. Part of your duties will also include providing coaching and performance feedback for project team members and communicating effectively with project sponsors and stakeholders.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the project team and various business units in defining scope, planning, budgeting and control all project tasks, resources and deliverables.
- Apply strong project management standards and best practices to ensure successful execution of projects
- Review business cases, business requirements, functional specifications, and implementation plans.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to project members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Ensure thorough testing of all system changes
- Assist Program Manager in providing project and portfolio status reporting and analysis to senior leadership
- Manage scope of project to minimize scope “creep.” Understand the changing business needs and how it impacts the overall project and recommend solutions.
- Collaborate and negotiate project goals across the division leaders and systems
- Deliver well thought out recommendations to Stakeholders, Steering Committees, Project Sponsors; implement action plan to achieve required results.
- BS/BA degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years related work experience.
- Financial Services industry experience preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles, tools and techniques including business case development, ROI analysis, planning and issues management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with negotiation and influencing
- Notable relationship building skills
- Problem-solving and sound judgment
- Analytical and problem solving skills
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others