The Loan Agency Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Seasoned professional role that integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area
- Directly impacts the area through shared responsibility for delivery of end results and formulation of procedures/process improvement.
- Provides value-added perspective or advice that contributes to the development of new techniques and the improvement of the loans processes for the area.
- Responsible for own work to support business teams in an assigned area
- Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of automation tools (workflow applications, VBA tools, EUCs) across all functional areas within loans function (ie. Agency, Originations, Trading)
- Resolves complex problems where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of loan procedures and industry standards.
- Makes a significant contribution to change-the-bank projects and offers solutions at an advanced level
- Serves as an analytical and/or procedural expert, representing a unit or team to support deliverables/initiatives
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations,
- Responsible for escalating control gaps and issues to senior management
- Identifies loan related control deficiencies and implements appropriate procedures and solutions to mitigate any risk or control losses
- Identifies opportunities to reduce expenses
- Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of how own loan function collectively integrates to contribute to achieving overall business goals
- Influences decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization
- Creates, develops and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, management, internal/external clients and stakeholders, and seeks to understand their needs and provides solutions
- Fully knowledgeable on the day-to-day activities of a product or process
- Applies in-depth product/technical knowledge of concepts and procedures within own area to resolve issues and influence decisions through advice and counsel
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding and knowledge of how area supported integrates within the sub-function; as well as coordinates and contributes to the objectives of the function and overall business
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of relevant industry experience
- Detailed knowledge and experience with Citi’s loans related systems
- Capability and experience in developing new tools to improve/automate processes and workflows.
- Knowledge of advanced functions of MS Office, including VBA development would be an asset
- Persuades and influences others through collaborative communication skills; may negotiate with external parties
- Individuals are expected to be a subject matter expert in one (or more) specific skill sets, business areas or products
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Competitive salary; annual salary review; annual performance bonus
- A challenging work environment where you can collaborate with global teams to contribute to critical banking applications
- A great environment for learning new technology and tools, online and instructor led training opportunities
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Social benefits (e.g. private healthcare care, Benefit System, life insurance)
- Working in a friendly, dynamic and multinational environment
- Opportunity to have an influence on the way you perform your tasks - our teams are constantly looking for new and better ways and we encourage all improvement ideas
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.