Who we are looking for:
As a Senior Legal Specialist in State Street’s Global Legal Center of Excellence (“GLCOE”) located in Gdansk, Poland, you will be providing core support to State Street’s global business units and corporate functions, including drafting, negotiating and finalizing agreements, supporting key Legal Department initiatives and providing related legal support services. GLCOE is a dynamic team that is committed to delivering exemplary legal support to its global clients.
What you will be responsible for:
- Drafting and negotiating legal contracts and documentation governed by the laws of various global jurisdictions (e.g., Australia, England, United States) in accordance with relevant trainings and within defined risk parameters (e.g., foreign exchange and other derivatives contracts; agreements supporting global custody and administrative services product offerings; global markets product agreements; and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs);
- Supporting Senior Lawyers in delivery of legal services;
- Participating in working groups responsible for transition of new types of agreements to the GLCOE;
- Working cooperatively with State Street Business Units and local Legal Teams globally in escalating and resolving legal issues;
- Supporting legal-related corporate initiatives and projects.
What we value:
- Proficient legal and business English skills, especially in legal writing;
- Contract negotiation and drafting experience is a plus;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in a law firm or in-house legal department, preferably within financial services sector and/or international law firm or international company;
- Law school graduate.
- Employee savings plan;
- Premium life insurance package;
- VIP medical package;
- International operating environment;
- Language classes;
- Soft skills trainings;
- Technical workshops;
- Development sessions with a mentor;
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities;
- Technical or leadership career pathway.