Principal Java Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering new and exciting application solutions? Are you motivated to deliver real business value whilst ensuring existing functionality remains intact?
We’re looking for someone who’ll be able to:
- Take ownership of the development process and strives for best results
- Work collaboratively with a wide variety of stakeholders, like business analysts, business representatives, and production support
- Develop high quality, reusable code, creating best-in-class software solutions on time
- Write professional, clear and comprehensive documentation
- Apply best development and DevOps practices and effectively utilize technologies"
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
You’ll be working in the Investment Bank, Derivatives and Solutions area, with an international team based in Wroclaw, Singapore, Pune and Zurich. Together with your team members, you’ll be responsible for building and delivering high quality software solutions for data driven business applications.
This team is responsible for delivering central functionality for IB trading processes. Within that, you’ll be designing and building market data provisioning and processing software that will serve demands for various processes in trading and reporting workflows. We provide the opportunity to engage in projects, where you can bring in your IT engineering knowledge to the full extend and have a significant impact on the software under your control.
- Strong backend Java SE development skills
- Solid SQL/database knowledge, MS-SQL or Sybase preferred
- CI/CD including tools such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, TeamCity, Github, Gitlab
- Scripting with Python and Bash, comfortable in working on Linux environment
- Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- DevOps practices and the value of automation
- Quick learner
- Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.