The Business Sr. Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual.
- Project Management support of business risk and control oversight and other large global strategic initiatives
- Management reporting of business intelligence and other key Investments initiatives
- Data Collection and evaluation
- Design and provide day-to-day support to management in the form of ad hoc analysis stretch assignments as needed
- Coordinating work streams that focus on data, technology, product initiatives
- Assembly, development and structuring of presentation decks
- Development and management of strategic solutions for a group under rapid development and offers exposure to senior management and positions the successful candidate for progression within the group or to a position inside one of other organizations depending on experience
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years relevant experience
- Required skills include project management, quantitative aptitude, and the ability to effectively synthesize and communicate complex business issues through concise presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills to oversee cross disciplinary work streams.
- Extensive project management and strategic analysis experience.
- Interest and experience in the financial services industry, in particular in the areas of technology and data mining.
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience, Masters degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.