About work in our team
The world is changing, becoming digital, and so are we. We are leaving the traditional bank behind us and are choosing to move forward as a digital enterprise. This is exactly why we need talented people who will join us on this journey.
For that type of person, we have a role waiting for you as an Application Support Engineer in the Risk Models & Calculations cluster.
Description of the cluster:
Risk Models & Calculations cluster is located on Wersalska street and within the cluster we deliver:
- Internal and external APIs for the credit rating (e.g. credit application, credit decision) for inhouse frontends, customers and intermediaries, etc.
- Base-services for Commerzbank credit business (e.g. pricing, credit-worthiness)
- Risk presentation for credit exposure
- Rulesets for risk and control parameters (process check, competences, routing)
- Integration of operative rating processes within frontends and backends
- Risk applications for the definition of data lineage and the reporting of Data Quality (BCBS239)
- Risk applications for the capture and calculation of Operational Risk
- Tools for reporting and simulations (incl. stress tests)
- Consolidation of applications and decommissioning of legacy applications
- Our goal is to support the credit rating and consequently the credit decision process the credit by delivering features and services in a segment- comprehensive, scalable, and uniform process.
Description of the position:
In your role as an Application Support Engineer you will be a member of an international team of Risk Models & Calculations and process experts who are developing, maintaining and operating new applications and services. You will be responsible for understanding complex applications, data flows and their business purpose to integrate new modules, changes or releases into our IT landscape.
Your work in the Team and your main task will be to ensure a frictionless assembly, Q/A, processing and transport of deployment packages from development to production environments and to maintain stable operation of production. Meanwhile, you will handle incidents, problems and changes. You will communicate with developers, as well as other operation teams.
You will carry out and take responsibility for the tasks and activities relating to the operation of applications in production with the following goals:
- Ensure the Service Level Agreements (SLA) are adhered to
- Optimize operation in production
- Implement changes by requirements
from the very
and health insurance
You will be involved in all steps in the lifecycle of software development starting with:
- Controlling and monitoring the central and decentralized applications, online systems and batch production,
- Analyzing, resolving and documenting IT faults
- Implementation of changes in the production process as per change request
- Assurance of interrupted availability of the systems and applications
- Manual intervention in automatic processes in conjunction with the product managers or on request
- Handling of changes/incidents/problems with ticketing systems
- Good knowledge of Unix
- Good knowledge of Websphere, Tomcat, JBoss, Apache
- Practical experience with SQL, Oracle, relational databases
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Readiness to shift work 08:00 – 18:00
- English B2 level mandatory, German would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of Ticketing system
- Familiarity with Tivoli, UC4
- Basic knowledge of JIRA/Confluence
Please add the following disclaimer to your application:
2. I have read the content of the information clause, including information about the purpose and methods of processing personal data and the right to access to my personal data and about the right to correct, rectify and delete it.