About work in our team
The world is changing, becoming digital, and so are we. We are leaving the traditional bank behind us and are choosing to move forward as a digital enterprise. This is exactly why we need talented people who will join us on this journey.
For that type of person, we have a role waiting for you as an Application Operations Engineer (Regular) in the Trade Finance cluster.
Description of the cluster:
Cluster Trade Finance is located on Wersalska street and delivers fast, client-focused and central provision of trade finance products and services for all clients globally along the whole trade finance supply chain - electronically and traditionally. Our main products are a documentary business (LC, Collections), bank payment obligation (BPO) and guarantees. We combine all services regarding Trade Finance products from product management, product-specific / technical sales support up to run and change all TF IT-systems. To support the business processes, we develop our own, integrate 3 party software applications and operate them on different IT-platforms.
Description of the position:
In your role as Application Operations Engineer, you are responsible for the smooth transition of new applications and releases into environments (Pre-Prod / Prod) to ensure stable operations of the applications within your scope. In case of incidents or issues, you will analyze and solve the problems in close collaboration with other involved teams. The role requires a good understanding of application operations as well as of technologies applied (application server, databases, interfaces). Our main technical platforms are Unix and Windows server, Oracle and MS SQL -Database, IBM Websphere AS+MQ, Sterling File Gateway, Connect Direct and some more.
You will be involved in the operations of new applications or maintain and administer existing ones. Other duties include gathering and documenting application deployment and administration requirements, incident analyzing and quality assurance. All applications need to be developed, deployed and administered based on the standard Commerzbank architecture and procedures.
from the very
and health insurance
- You will be in 2nd Level Support for our products in the cluster
- You will be performing the acceptance test- and deployment process for new or released applications and interfaces,
- You will create and management of technical documentation
- You will be administrating and maintaining the applications.
- You are one of the experts within your scrum team for all aspects of the IT platform for the new Tade Finance (deploy and run)
- You will monitor these IT applications, perform the regular morning checks and react to all errors and support their correction
- You will get involved in driving the used technology forward (e.g. implementation of CI/CD framework)
The team currently developing the new Trade Finance platform consists of business analysts, software architects, developers, application managers, scrum masters and other specialists with diverse backgrounds, but on the common feature: Jointly and dynamically developing and maintaining the best solutions for our customers.
- Basic knowledge of Application Operation in Cloud Systems
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows Server
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting / Perl scripting
- Good knowledge of relational databases; Oracle, MS SQL
- Basic knowledge of Administration and deployment application server technology
- Basic knowledge of Webserver
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- English B2 level mandatory
- Weekend work or support at non-standard working times might be required from time to time (e.g. for major releases).
- Basic knowledge of Application monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace)
- Basic knowledge of Java, JEE (for application operation and maintenance)
- Basic knowledge of Connect Direct
- Basic knowledge of IBM Websphere MQ
- German B1
Please add the following disclaimer to your application:
2. I have read the content of the information clause, including information about the purpose and methods of processing personal data and the right to access to my personal data and about the right to correct, rectify and delete it.