Who we are looking for:
Are you strong in solving nonstandard cases? Do you have a unique eye to catch the details? We are looking for someone like that for our team.
The purpose of Investment Compliance Analyst Implementation role is to implement compliance restrictions on mutual funds related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates utilizing compliance platform. This will include coding and updating automated tests in the system. On a daily basis, Investment Compliance Analyst will use his analytical skills and understanding of financial instruments to solve various cases related to investment decisions made by managers of the Funds.
Why this role is important to us:
From technology and product innovation to corporate responsibility and community development, we are making our mark on the financial services industry. We are a global company with diverse people and experiences, and a network of over 35,000 employees spanning more than 100 markets. For us, success comes from the impact our employees have – on our clients, our communities and each other.
We are committed to providing an inclusive environment where all employees feel valued and supported. Join us and make your mark at State Street.
What you will be responsible for:
- Code and update automated tests within compliance platform, which is utilizing a SQL/MQL.
- Develop macros for daily business with VBA usage.
- Import new funds into the system.
- Associate particular funds to their corresponding rules according to the documentation.
- Control data management in internal system based on SQL queries.
- Check compliance of prospectus and investment guidelines.
- Resolve arisen issues, like lack of data or misinterpretation restrictions.
- Work directly with other teams within the company in order to determine best approach or to obtain clarification.
- Ensure deliverables are completed in a timely manner and follow-up with internal groups where necessary.
- Assist manager with designated compliance projects and assignments and act as coordinator where required.
- Ensure detailed documentation is maintained for audit purposes.
- Participate in both short and long term projects, like setting up new clients in system.
- Support technical product development with appropriate software tools (e.g. VBA, SQL).
- Taking responsibility for personal development and training
What we value:
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and database applications.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of VBA and SQL would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of investment compliance would be an asset but not essential.
- Familiarity with any programming or database query language would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize, keep attention to detail and understand client requirements.
- Strong organizational, communication and analytical skills.
- Precise and thorough working style,
- Self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Ability to search for information and draw conclusions
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Financial educational background
- Banking knowledge
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway.