Who we are looking for
Senior Investment Compliance Analyst will be responsible for monitoring compliance results on client portfolios related to Regulatory and Investment Manager (IM) mandates. Utilizing State Street’s Investment Compliance & Reporting platform, the qualified candidate will complete the research, analysis and reporting to ensure portfolios are in compliance with their investment restrictions.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Investment Compliance Analyst you will
- REVIEWING WORK AND ASSISTING TEAM SUPERVISOR
• Point of expertise for complex breach analysis
• Review all reporting produced by the Associates
• Liaises with internal clients and supporting departments for the purpose of obtaining key inputs
• Performs special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Team Supervisor
• Assists Team Supervisor in implementing new procedures and controls
• Maintaining and fostering a team environment
- MONITORING INVESTMENT COMPLIANCE
• Investigate violations on the automated compliance monitoring system
• Record findings of investigation on the system
- DATA CONTROL CHECKS
• Compare and confirm accuracy of fund data as it appears in the system
• Advise data teams of any discrepancies in a timely fashion
• Ensure agreed timelines are adhered to
• Generate and attach reports as required in a timely manner
• Ensuring data is accurate and ready for client use
• Demonstrates good time organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
• Maintains systematic filing practices
• Ensure that daily work load is allocated appropriately
- TRAINING AND PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
• Take responsibility for personal development and training.
• Provides direction and training to staff in the course of their day-to-day work and provides guidance and an adequate source of help for questions.
• Actively participates in the development of new hires in the team. Supports and guides them in the knowledge of all technical aspects of the work, as well as in the work organization.
• Actively participate in the appraisal process by completing a self-evaluation and suggesting appropriate development.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Takes Ownership and Initiative
- Ensures accuracy and quality
- Provides outstanding service
- Communicates Effectively
- Displays Insight & Influence
- Fosters Collaboration and Teamwork
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accountancy/Law or Business/ IT related degree (preferred)
- Excellent analytical and mathematic skills
- Knowledge about financial services, securities sector and capital markets
- Accuracy and ability to work to tight deadlines
- PC literate and competent in use of spreadsheets and word processing
- Very good understanding of investment compliance processes
- Independence in solving complicated cases in the field of compliance investment processes
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experience utilizing Bloomberg
- Experience in working with legal documentation in English
- Ability to establish and maintain professional contacts and relationships within the company
- Excellent English
Minimum 1 year experience in investment compliance (preferred) or fund industry.