Who we are looking for
A professional who will join the Strategic Client Projects team – a new group created under Alpha Professional Services.
The Service is delivered across all clients and covers most IT and Business implementation activities after on-boarding. Projects you will be involved in, are serviced end-to-end and include a full range of internal and external drives.
Why this role is important to us
State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, India and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As an Alpha Strategic Client Project Manager you will
- Have a client-facing role and be the client’s main point of contact at a project level (usually facing the client PM).
- Be ‘conspicuously’ available to client and will ensure key information is to hand.
- Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude to the client balanced carefully against SSB’s own capabilities,
- strategy and commercial priorities.
- Collaborate at early stages of the project to agree the appropriate level of service and delivery model.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of key business content (requirements, data files etc).
- Embrace a ‘one team’ approach - promoting good communication and collaboration with other functions:
- Portfolio/Program Management (inc. Client Change Relationship Management)
- Project Analysis
- Project Support
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of one or more projects.
- Develop, in conjunction with the client, third party and SSB stakeholder, plans and costs and will manage effectively including prioritisation and escalation as required.
- Be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities and contributors involved in delivery.
- Involve in key activities, including:
- Establishing governance structure
- Requirements gathering
- Impact assessment
- Planning, costs, resourcing
- Managing IT requirements/requests
- Operational and other business readiness
- Test management
- Implementation management
- Cost tracking
- Managing working and steering groups
- Document and log management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Virtual team / matrix delivery management
- Internal change processes
- Drafting change documentation
- Document management
- Meeting management
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- At least 8 years of financial industry experience.
- Project Management qualification (eg PRINCE or PMI).
- Professional qualification in planning, business analysis or operational model design.
- Recent experience in Project Management or Change Delivery within Operations, Finance or IT.
- Client-facing experience.
- Excellent English skills.
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills trainings
- Technical workshops
- Development sessions with a mentor
- Diversity of opportunities across a range of challenging and highly complex activities
- Technical or leadership career pathway