Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being. If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as a Fund Accounting Supervisor (Afternoon Shift)
The Fund Accounting Supervisor is responsible for effective direction and supervision of specialized processing, exception resolution, and reconciliation activities for a team of typically 3 to 7 direct reports. The Supervisor will manage client account activity in one of the business line's net asset value (NAV) components which may include: transactions, capital stock, expenses, corporate actions, cash, special handling and ledger/sub-ledger reconciliations. The Supervisor is responsible for ensuring department procedures are followed and standards of quality and control are met. The Supervisor also provides staff training, constructive feedback, and is a point of escalation to address complex issues.
Working hours in this team are between 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Supervise a specialized accounting group;
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in order to minimize risk and NAV exposure;
- Understand competencies required for successful job performance and use knowledge to coach and develop team members as well as to identify training needs;
- Energize and inspire team by generating excitement, a sense of pride, and a drive to excel;
- Ensure employees have the information and tools necessary to progress.Communicate a clear career path;
- Assign responsibility effectively based on expertise and strengths of team members;
- Ensure adherence to all established best practice policies, procedures and controls;
- Assist management in the implementation of policies, procedures and controls;
- Monitor volume, workflows and overtime of team;
- Review error and omission situations and look for corrective action;
- Assist in the development and production of management reporting;
- Help to enhance the productivity of the unit by identifying opportunities to increase output/capacity through workflow improvements;
- Challenge all processes, procedures and practices and constantly look for a better way to meet deliverables;
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience;
- 2 to 3 years of fund accounting, custody, securities processing or other industry experience;
- At least 1 year supervisory experience;
- Highly developed interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate professionally with others;
- An aptitude for analytical and problem resolution;
- Self Starter, proactive, and objective oriented;
- Enthusiastic leadership skills and ability to engage others;
- Fluency in English.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.