The AML Compliance Analyst – Negative News will be part of the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Team and perform functions related to all BBH Lines of Business: Investor Services, Private Banking and Investment Management. The primary responsibility of the analyst will be to review negative news in the public domain relating to financial crimes, and determine the materiality and relevance of the negative news to BBH.
- Review negative news, PEP and sanctions sources in the public domain relating to financial crimes, including money laundering, terrorist financing, and other illicit transactions involving money or securities.
- Determine whether the news relates to financial crimes, and the materiality.
- Document the results of the review, and ensure that escalation is properly handled and documented.
- Communicate professionally and constructively to effectively resolve issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to on a daily basis and have this evidenced.
- Develop an understanding of AML/KYC requirements and implications.
- Update procedures as needed with continuous improvement.
- Strong interest in KYC/AML area.
- BA/BS degree in a business related field and/or equivalent work experience/internship.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Strong English skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Aptitude for documentation management, accuracy and organization.
- Strong administrative skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/requests at the same time.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.