Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about designing technology systems and improving how technology is managed? Do you enjoy problem solving in elegant ways? Do you enjoy the challenge of planning changes for complex systems?
We are looking for a Business Analyst / Developer to help our team design and develop a step change in technology management for UBS‘s system of record for applications, known as Application Directory (AppDir).
• work in an agile fashion
• define requirements for managing UBS’s list of applications together with stakeholders across the bank including other inventories that need to be integrated with AppDir
• plan required changes and specify solutions for implementing AppDir requirements
• implement requirements in Alfabet from Software AG
• test, enhance, and support implementation
You will be part of the Group Technology CTO team working closely with specialists across Infrastructure, Program and Project Management, Technology Operations Center and other Group Technology functions. AppDir is a foundational building block at the heart of UBS's Technology – facilitating all processes from strategy capture, to demand management - all the way to development and deployment.
This is a global team primarily based in Switzerland, the US, UK, and India.
• 5+ years of experience in development and business analysis
• experience in designing and implementing requirements in industry standard tools for Enterprise Architecture and Inventory Management, specifically in Alfabet from Software AG
• broad knowledge of data analysis and defining queries using SQL
• experience in design and implementation of modern interfaces (e.g. REST, Kafka, etc.)
• testing skills using tools like Specflow and Cucumber
• a track record of developing trust relationships and buy-in across organisational boundaries
• a strong thinker that sees problems around the corner and takes ownership to resolve them
• an excellent communicator who is adept in communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences
• comfortable with working in cross-functional global teams to effect change
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.