Scenario Expansion Methodology Quantitative Analyst
Job Reference #
Are you an expert in analytics? Are you an innovative thinker who likes to challenge the status quo? Do you know how to work well within a team and deliver effective solutions? We're looking for someone like that to carry out independent projects related to the Scenario Expansion models with a focus on climate-related financial risks.
The quantitative analyst will be responsible for:
• developing the scenario expansion modelling framework for climate risk
• advising and collaborating on climate risk scenario analysis for key strategic partners within the bank.
• coordinating with the validation and IT teams to implement the methodologies in a production environment
You’ll be working in the Scenario Expansion Methodology team with members in the US, UK, Switzerland, Poland, and India. Our role is to develop and maintain models that are used to expand scenarios, with a few risk factors, into scenarios with a large universe of risk factors consistent with the scenario narrative. The results of our models are used to assess the impact of macroeconomic, financial and environmental-shock scenarios on the firm’s profitability and capital adequacy. Our deliveries are key to regulators across the globe, used for accounting standards, and internal capital assessments. The framework captures all risk types across all businesses world-wide.
• a MSc degree in quantitative finance, mathematics, physics, statistics, econometrics or numerical discipline, PhD is a plus
• knowledge of financial markets and products, strong interest in the financial services industry, preferably in risk management
• experience in climate data analysis and research, either in industry or academia is highly desirable
• solid coding skills in R, Python, Matlab or similar
• familiarity with github, Object Oriented Programming and LaTex
• excellent analytical skills
• able to explain technical concepts in simple, intuitive terms to facilitate collaboration
• willingness to create your own brand in the group and company wide
• co-operative and team-oriented, while being able to motivate and organize yourself and complete tasks independently to high quality standards
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.