As a Client Service Manager (CSM) you will provide client service relationship management to ensure client satisfaction, engagement, retention and profitability for assigned relationships. You will be the head of a dedicated team of subject matter and client service experts who are responsible for overseeing day to day client needs and providing exceptional client service to their respective clients. Your focus will be on the Custody disciplines and the applicable product offering for assigned client relationships. You will also be responsible for developing an understanding of their clients’ goals & objectives, collaborating with internal departments to identify insights and opportunities to add value, and partnering with BBH Luxembourg and BBH Boston to achieve objectives for your client relationships.
You’ll be responsible for managing a team and will report to the Head of Client Service Krakow.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Establish appropriate contacts and regular interaction/meetings to maintain collaborative and trusting relationships within client organizations.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with key contacts across internal departments (i.e. Product Delivery, Systems, Relationship Management, Risk, etc).
- Oversee team performance ensuring a high level of client service, overall credibility, and trust with clients.
- Stay abreast of client goals and strategies and identify trends and opportunities to expand client relationship and fuel growth.
- Develop understanding of clients’ needs, challenges, and operating model to proactively anticipate & match BBH products or services to solution those needs.
- Provide filtering and escalation for client requests; serve as an escalation point for client service issues and deliverables.
- Institute and monitor measures to report on BBH’s performance levels toward meeting client service standards.
- Ensure own and team understanding of all services client receives from BBH.
- Own the controls within the team ensuring they are fit for their intended purpose.
- Provide oversight of core Custody service delivery provided by internal departments and third-party providers impacting assigned client relationships.
- Foster an environment of continuous process improvement, challenging the status quo with an eye on identifying opportunities to increase automation, streamline of workflows, and mitigate risk.
- Foster a positive and inclusive work environment, and a culture of transformative ideas and insight generation.
- Oversee and ensure talent and hiring decisions are in line with business goals and objectives.
- Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to staff to improve performance through regular check ins, 1:1, mid-year and annual review process.
- Pro-actively provide feedback and guidance on performance issues and the disciplinary process, when needed with employees.
- Promote a cohesive and collaborative team atmosphere, exhibiting strong leadership, effective communication, professionalism, diversity and development of individual career paths.
- Partner with team leader(s) to understand training and cross training needs on relevant job functions and required knowledge, identify solutions, and raise recommendations to management.; Ensure team attends required training.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Prior experience developing and managing a high performing client facing team.
- Strong organizational, project planning, and execution skills.
- Experience owning and managing the client experience and a track record for exceptional service, retention, and growth.
- High level of learning agility and ability to navigate through new and complex information.
- Strong aptitude for numbers, accuracy and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaborative relationships and networks with internal and external parties.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills including the ability to identify, recommend and implement solutions.
- Fluent English.
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment requiring compliance and oversight of policies and procedures.
- Industry knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: Custody, Middle Office, ETF, Transfer Agency, Fund accounting, Financial Reporting.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can.
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm.
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective.
- Employment stability with indefinite contract from day one.
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind.
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage.