Role description summary / Purpose of the role:
To support process reengineering for Global Equity Beta Solutions (GEBS) portfolio management team with a specific focus on Portfolio and Index Analysis, Process Optimization, System Enhancement, Decision-making and Ad Hoc Support.
This role is designed to learn and re-imagine the investment process, as part of GEBS transformation initiative (Index Re-engineering), where technology and process enhancements are both used to improve the efficiency and quality of investment decision making.
This team provides support in all EMEA and North America regions.
Who we are:
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is a global leader in institutional asset management, entrusted with more than $2.78 trillion in assets. For more than three decades, investors worldwide have benefited from our disciplined, precise investment process and powerful global platform offering access to every major asset class, capitalization range and style across the indexing and active spectrums. SSGA is the investment management arm of State Street Corporation, one of the world’s leading providers of financial services to institutions.
What we will ask you to do:
- Manage of index pipeline
- Create of single stock group draft trades
- Working with investment managers to improve efficiency of processes and workflow
- Participate, support or lead process reengineering projects
- Work with portfolio managers on improving performance through identifying and systematizing value-add opportunities
- Analysis of upcoming corporate actions including scrip dividends
- Update client specific guidelines in portfolio management tools and management of client restricted lists in RJL
- Support ETF basket process
- Build trade lists (stock, FX, futures) to be reviewed/submitted by GEBS Portfolio Managers (PM)
- Monitor portfolios against index and liaise with PM as the need arises
- Develop Smart Beta analytics and reporting to demonstrate ‘benefit’ in index portfolios
- Custom client reporting, performance and attribution analysis and risk analytics as the need arises
- Assist in building required reports and presentations for internal governance committees
What we would like you to be:
The successful candidate should possess good mathematical, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, providing support, prioritize workload
- Initiative, demonstrate flexibility and think creatively to solve problems
- Absolute attention to detail and high degree of accuracy when working under pressure
- Commitment to further study and qualifications (preferably studying for CFA designation and/or computer programming certifications)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint
- Awareness or risks associated with investing
- Maintaining knowledge of market and economic issues
Computer literacy is essential although some IT skills can be acquired during training. Excel is essential as roles often involve financial modelling and projection work.
Who you are:
- Experience: minimum of 5 years+ in a finance specific industry or financial technology / process engineering / robotics automation
- Polish Financial Supervision Authority (PFSA ‘KNF’) investment advisor “Doradca Inwestycyjny” desirable but not essential
- Computer programming experience (i.e. Python or similar), advanced degree preferred
- Thinking mindset of process reengineering and system enhancements
- Passionate about financial technology (fintech) and implementations
- Forward-thinking, curious and naturally engage reengineering mindset to challenge an outdated status quo
- Seek chance to define quality improvements to processes
- Want to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Be able to utilize technology and systems
- Understanding of portfolio construction and investments
- Preferred work experience in quantitative or investment role.
- Asset management industry experience is a plus
- Capability to gain trust and respect of business partners while bringing objective and independent challenge to their activities
- Ability to work under pressure and self-motivation to master concepts quickly and connect dots
- Team-oriented and collaborative attitude required
Education & Qualifications:
An Postgraduate / Masters’ degree in one of the following disciplines is preferable:
- Financial Engineering
Equal opportunities Statement
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them handle risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are critical to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It’s also part of our dedication to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.