Who we are looking for:
As an AIS NAV Senior Fund Accountant you will be a part of our team in Cracow responsible for NAV reporting for our hedge fund clients. You will be accountable for preparing NAV Packs and other reporting of the highest quality and accuracy in a timely manner to meet the needs of our clients. We are looking for a committed candidate who as a part of Alternative Investment Solutions will collaborate with other departments to find new solutions for complex business challenges, who is open for improvements and who can take advantage of opportunities. The successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, maintain an excellent and interactive relationship with team members, global business partners and, most importantly, our clients.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is in the Alternative Investment Solutions (AIS) department which is a part of State Street, the largest financial services provider in Poland. AIS is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one and servicing E2E clients is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
As Senior Fund Accountant you will:
- Preparation of daily cash, position and market value reconciliations including trade capture and pricing
- Assist in the Dealing Date accounting process
- Assist in reviewing and resolving reconciliations of portfolio cash and security accounts
- Opportunity to work on corporate actions, equities, fixed income, futures, options and swaps and complex financial instruments
- Assist in semi-annual and annual audit process
- Handle more complex tasks
- Provide advice and serve as a point of reference for queries from junior fund accountants
- During the course of normal day to day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Highly numerate
- IT Literate
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to perform effectively within strict client deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related area (minimum 2.2 honors degree).
- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CPA qualified or part qualified an advantage.
Typically would have at least one year experience of hedge funds.
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package