Tech Internship Program: Software Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Temporary / Contract
Do you have sharp eye for detail? Do you have eagerness to discover how real business processes work in Swiss Investment Bank and the courage to propose improvements to them? We are looking for someone like that who wants to:
1. Be a part of a self-organizing Scrum team
2. Collaborate closely with business stakeholders in Bank Operations to understand existing business processes and search for creative ways of making them more effective and cost efficient
3. Learn new tools and techniques to document in concise and clear way functional and non-functional requirements or software development and test scenarios supporting IT implementation
4. Develop data warehouse based solutions
You’ll be working in the team supporting strategic solutions for Group Operations IT. We are working on key business intelligence / reporting programs (e.g. as part of the bank’s continuing efforts to further advance its risk reporting capabilities), requiring data to be sourced from diverse sources within the bank and presented to end users via analytics dashboards. We look after strategic reporting solutions in collaboration with professionals all around the world.
As a member of our team you will have exclusive opportunity of learning how complex business problems could be resolved with use of innovative technology, understanding how IT projects are planned and executed and finding out own way to grow in IT space of global financial institution
You do not have to demonstrate any experience but if you have some we'll appreciate it – we do understand that you're new to labor market and that's our responsibility to help you discover your own potential
– student status or university degree in information technology, mathematics, economy or related field
– basic knowledge of SQL
– PL/SQL and/or Python knowledge would be appreciated
– very good English language skills
– good MS Office skills
– passion to dig into details and analyzing how things work
– enthusiasm for learning in the job
– flexible and open-minded
– self-driven and proactive
– paying attention to details
– a problem solver
– responsible and committed to deliver results
– good team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.