Who we are looking for
Investment Compliance Team Manager take responsibility and ownership of the assigned scope of Investment Compliance operations with a particular focus on IC system conversion project and CRIMS adoption in daily IC production. Lead end to end planning and execution of projects or programs related to IC Delivery and/or State Street Bank GmbH Poland branch. Deliverables will include client and service KPIs, enhanced operating models, business transformation and technology changes. The Operations Manager will also represent IC Poland in various local, regional and global committees and initiatives.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investment Compliance Team Manager you will
- Take ownership for the execution of goals in the assigned business lines / teams, projects and lead or deliver them within the budget, prescribed timeline and success criteria
- Track and manage issues and risks, escalate where appropriate and drive until resolution
- Understand, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal policies, procedures and processes and provide input to the further development of best practices
- Build strong connections and relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Provide Vision and Direction to the staff, increase the operating performance of IC processes and productivity of the teams in scope
- Serve as a source of technical information to assist teams and clients (if applicable) with Product information, behavioral changes resulting from system conversion as well as regulatory issues
- Assess operational effectiveness and make suggestions to streamline and improve upon functions, workflow and processes.
- Standardize client / regional requirements & propose solutions
- Demonstrate flexibility by supporting different project needs and requests as well as contributing to wide range of project topics
Core Business Requirements
- Knowledge of operational processes in Investment Compliance or other financial services
- Experience in transformational change
- Develop, coach, support and motivate staff to enhance skills and knowledge
- Driving risk excellence, outstanding client service, high performance and a positive, collaborative and innovative culture
- Development of individuals by identifying their strengths, development needs and training requirements
- Maintain standards of personal and professional performance/behavior
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Ability to develop business relationships, both within and outside of the organization.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving, time management, and analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to execute & deliver
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks, and execute upon concurrent assignments.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Five or more years (depends on the level) of experience in Mutual Fund Administration
- Investment Compliance background preferred: SEC and IRC guidelines for registered investment products, money market restrictions, UCITS or other regulated environments.
- Experience working with Bloomberg data or other market data vendors an asset(IDC, RIMES MDS, Reuters)
Flexible working hours (subject to the existing business needs)
Interesting, non-repetitive process
Possibility to Work From Home (subject to existing business needs)
Employee savings plan
Premium life insurance package
VIP medical package
International operating environment
Soft skills trainings
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers