Who we are looking for
A person who will be directly responsible for Fund Group(s) servicing clients headed by Fund Accounting Managers therefore require strong staff management and client servicing skills as well as relevant industry experience.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of International Fund Services (IFS), acquired by State Street in July 2002. IFS, also known as Alternative Investment Solutions is a recognized industry-leading provider of fund accounting, fund administration and risk services to hedge funds and private equity funds. These services are fully integrated to provide complete end-to-end solutions that span the front-, middle- and back-office requirements of institutional investors.
Join us if making your mark in the alternative investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting Unit Manager you will
- Develop and build up a strong relationship with internal and external clients.
- Assume senior managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the assign team(s) in Poland.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff is available to service the client/s and deliver quality service.
- Assume responsibility for the implementation of client specific projects (new business development review, planning & roll out).
- Conduct Performance appraisals and objective setting.
- Provide timely updates on issues to Krakow site governance and carry out necessary corrective action
- Manage on-going relationships with the goal of meeting / exceeding service delivery standards.
- Work to broaden scope of services in Poland to support overall European strategy.
- Represent State Street by serving on internal and external committees and industry associations.
- Evaluate current methods and strategies. Communicate and manage implementation of changes and improvements.
- Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas.
- Responsible for the direction and development of subordinate managers at all levels as well as staff.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
- Evaluate subordinate managerial performance.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary
- Maintain open lines of communication and ensure that regular team and 1:1 meetings are conducted across your organization
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Numeracy / Literacy skills
- Confident in dealing with all situations
- Excellent Communication
- Organisational and Report Writing skills
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Professional accounting qualification and/or Master’s degree a plus.
8+ years of managerial experience (operations and financial services).
Experience in managing large teams and operations servicing multiple clients a must.
- Specialist experience in the area of fund of funds and fund of hedge funds would be an asset.