State Street Global Exchange combines unique capabilities in data and analytics to better serve our clients and build relationships with new customers. Through information and insights, investment analytics and data solutions, our goal is to help our Clients to generate the most value.
State Street Global Exchange Analytics’ truView platform is a web-based application providing a full suite of analytics that give clients insight into the risks and performance of their investment portfolios. Supporting all asset classes the platform produces analytics such as: stress testing, value at risk (VaR), position specific analytics for derivatives (delta, gamma, vega etc.) and fixed income characteristics such as duration and convexity.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for the investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Senior Market Risk Analyst you will
- Reconcile risk results against accounting reports and independent data. Investigates further where necessary
- Have a good understanding on risk techniques and valuation methods (Value At Risk, Stress Testing, Exposures, Greeks, BackTesting)
- Assist in specifying new functionality to further streamline operational processes
- Provide support, resolve client issues, and demonstrate a firm understanding of the product to users (risk managers, traders etc.)
- Review risk reports before delivering to existing clients
- Develop and execute user acceptance tests
- Assist team development & in the implementation projects for new risk clients
- Work co-operatively with other risk groups in different locations and time zones
- Be responsible for other project-based tasks as assigned
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong understanding of financial markets and risk management techniques.
- Strong analytical ability and problem solving skills
- Highly motivates, multi-task capable and willingness to learn and develop within role.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Applied Mathematics/Finance/Economics or related field
- FRM or CFA qualification an advantage
- Typically 4+ years of experience in Financial Services
- Proven work experience with SQL query and Advanced Excel.
- Bloomberg and/or Reuters knowledge
- Flexible working hours (restricted to the current business need)
- No Intra-day deadlines
- Interesting, non-repetitive process
- Possibility to Work From Home
- Employee savings plan
- Premium life insurance package
- VIP medical package
- International operating environment
- Language classes
- Soft skills training's
- Technical workshops