At Brown Brothers Harriman, we believe no job is too big or small for any of us to handle if it helps our clients. We value passionate, committed people who enjoy collaborating with others to find new solutions to complex business challenges. We are looking for the type of person who speaks their mind, truly listens and steps outside their role to add value wherever they can. Someone who is driven to get things done and views obstacles as an exciting challenge, that demands a creative solution. Above all, we seek someone who takes great pride in their work and is inspired and motivated by their role in protecting and enhancing our client’s financial well-being.
If you are looking for an entrepreneurial environment where you can learn and thrive, Brown Brothers Harriman is the right place for you.
Join us as an Assistant Department Head in Fund Accounting Services
The Assistant Department Head participates as part of the senior management team overseeing operations of the Fund Accounting business line to ensure that high quality service standards are met and maintained. The position applies functional expertise, leadership, initiative, creativity, and management skills including delegation and the ability to instill enthusiasm and commitment among team members. The position's emphasis is on tactical execution of department strategy, policies and procedures.
Some of your key responsibilities include:
- Leads by example in establishing a culture of providing superior service to BBH's clients;
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external business relationships;
- Collaborates effectively with internal client groups to execute department strategy;
- Participates in and leads client visits, presentations, walk through and other sales & client retention activities;
- Ensures compliance to all accounting, custody and operational procedures;
- Monitors operational issues and follow through on effective problem resolution with management of supporting departments;
- Develops and maintains a culture of results oriented, continuous process improvement;
- Assists Department Head with ongoing project management and acts as a professional voice for the department and firm as a whole;
- Oversees the supervision of staff members through appropriate recruiting, training, performance management, and succession planning;
- Actively manages staff performance and progressive discipline process;
- Ensures the most effective use of the firm’s resources through careful planning, analysis, and control.
- BS in a business degree program, and/or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred;
- At least 8 years of combined Global Fund Accounting and Custody Experience;
- At least 5 years of progressive supervisory experience;
- Experience with managing multiple client relationships;
- Experience working on system implementation projects;
- Ability to motivate the team to perform and deliver high level of Client Service;
- Ability to manage and implement change;
- Ability to think and work independently;
- Effective written and oral communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to coordinate cross office initiative;
- Ability to anticipate potential problems and respond effectively.
What we offer:
- A collaborative environment that enables you to step outside your role to add value wherever you can;
- Direct access to clients, information and experts across all business areas around the world;
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and reinvent yourself—without leaving the firm;
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective;
- High-quality benefits program emphasizing good health, financial security, and peace of mind;
- Rewarding work with the flexibility to enjoy personal and family experiences at every career stage;
- Volunteer opportunities to give back to your community and help transform the lives of others.