Windows System Administrator
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you an expert when it comes to tools like Windows Server Operating System? Do you have a track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners? Do you have proven ability to solve complex issues, covering both technical and business needs?
We’re looking for a IT support analyst to:
• support the Service & Product Manager across several technical domains
• ensure workflows, processes, tooling and applications are of the highest quality standard
• contribute expertise to the management of existing and new IT products and services
• define workarounds for known errors and initiate process improvements
• maintain a knowledge database
• You’ll be working in the TOC Wintel team in Poland. We provide global production support for the Windows Operating System in a distributed infrastructure and Work with Business/application teams to resolve incidents and implement long term solution. This benefits our Business and application team to maintain stability of the infrastructure. As a Windows System administrator you’ll play an important role in production stability and addressing business/application queries 24*7.
• Ideally 6 years of hands-on experience with Windows server operating System based distributed computing environment with a large number of systems (2000+)
• proficient with software development tools will be beneficial, such as GSNOW, JIRA, Netmon, Perfmon, Procmon, netcool alert monitoring, MacAfee.
• good Knowledge of a Windows-based operating systems, Windows 2008, 2012, 2016 with an University degree.
• Strong analytical and logical skill
• Understanding of Citrix, VMware, MOM, AD, Exchange 2010, Lync/skype, will be an advantage.
• Ability to write scripts to automate repetitive workflows using STD Windows supporting scripting languages (PowerShell, SQL Queries).
• Experience in working on Hitachi and Netapp & storage technologies
• Subject matter expert on MS Cluster and DFS technologies.
• Team work, ability to contribute to and work in a team, as well as at times step up and lead a number of people when handling problems or incidents.
• Strong inter-personal and communication skills, capable of writing/contributing to technical knowledge articles.
• Independent problem solving skills and effective time management
• Good troubleshooting skills with knowledge of key operating system concepts.
• Familiarity with fundamental networking/distributed computing environment concepts, such as NFS, routing, troubleshooting network related issues.
• Understanding and working knowledge of authentication and naming services, including NIS, LDAP with Kerberos, Power Broker, DNS,DHCP, NTP.
• Fundamental skills with VERITAS Storage Foundations, Volume Manager, File System and MS Cluster servers.
• Basic configuration knowledge of IBM blade, HP servers and Dell Blades
• Liaise with vendors to analyze crash dumps, infrastructure problems or Hardware failures
• Regular verbal and written communication with business partners and other support teams to clarify details of incidents or service requests to maintain production stability and meet established SLA’s.
• ability to solve complex issues, good at problem statement analysis and solution design thinking
• track record of influencing senior IT stakeholders and business partners
• confident communicator that can explain technology to non-technical audiences
• capable of understanding client needs and translating this into products and services
• ITIL Knowledge.
• Able to establish good working relationship with various teams
• Technical Troubleshooting Skill / Problem solving ability
• Issue Management and effective escalation management
• Global User support exposure is an advance
• Technical understanding of the project content and delivery (timely accomplishment of assigned responsibility)
• Ability to work under pressure / tight deadline
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.