Senior Java Software Engineer – Client Electronic Access (CLM)
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you have a knack in turning complex requirements into simple designs? Are you passionate about bringing systems to life, and have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? Are you ambitious, highly motivated and looking for a chance to enhance your skills?
We are looking someone who will:
• Deliver technical change to the suite of applications by guaranteeing accurate, on-time execution, and adherence to quality standards
• Participate in the project lifecycle from requirements specification to implementation, ensuring that the solution fits its intended purpose from a functional, technical, and quality perspective
• Understand the project plan, dependencies and own responsibilities in this context
• Ensure awareness of & adherence to industry trends and firm-wide strategies and initiatives
• Develop technical solutions, including high / low level technical designs, specification and technology evaluations
• Share knowledge and code generously within the internal developer community
IB Tech Client Lifecycle Management is a global technology team responsible for building and delivering solutions for mastering and distribution of reference data and client on-boarding, off-boarding and maintenance.
As part of this domain we are responsible for implementation and maintenance of a set of the interconnected applications, which are being intensively used by multiple business users and should provide best user experience in order to facilitate easy and fast flow of the business processes. Therefore we are looking for an experienced Java developer who would be not only focused on the implementation of the user requirements but who would also bring best ideas and practices to constantly improve the design of the applications.
You'll be a Java software engineer working in Krakow development team supporting our application called Client Electronic Access.
• 5+ years of experience in back-end or full-stack development
• Experience in Java 8, Spring (including Spring Boot), JPA/Hibernate, JMS
• Hands-on experience applying design patters
• Unit testing experience (Junit, Mockito, Spring Boot testing)
• REST API is no mystery to You
• Knowledge of SQL (relational DBs, like Oracle or PostgreSQL)
• Worked in Agile / Lean development processes
• Experience with build tools such as Gitlab, Teamcity or Jenkins
• Can do attitude
Nice to have:
• Experience with Azure
• Knowledge of HTML5 / CSS3
• basic knowledge of FIX protocol
• You worked with any of these: Activiti/Flowable/Camunda
• You are familiar with functional programming
• Focused on quality from front to back of the life cycle
• Results driven - able to deliver good quality accurate solutions to tight time-scales
• An excellent communicator
• Quick learner
• Able to prioritize
• Comfortable working independently, as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Fluent in English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.