This role is part of the D&T department of HEINEKEN International and is located in HEINEKEN Global Shared Service. D&T is proud to bring cutting-edge innovation, strong technology and advanced analytics to HEINEKEN. With speed and agility we ensure HEINEKEN has the technological competitive advantages it needs to deliver on its ambition.
The Technology Specialist is part of a Product Team and is one of the professionals who do the work of delivering a potentially releasable increment of the product at the end of each Sprint. Product Teams are structured and empowered by the organisation to organise and manage their own work. The resulting synergy optimizes the Product Team’s overall efficiency and effectiveness.The Technology Specialist supports Product Owner(s) in translating IT architecture and IT Support requirements into solutions/services and participates in the technical development and IT Support (setup and execution) of the product(s). Together with the Domain Architect and Product Architect, the Technology Specialist also plays a role in the alignment of non-functional/technical and IT support requirements between the elements of the Products, which are cross-functional
The Cloud & Hosting Product Team (C&H) is one of the larger teams in the Backbone Portfolio of teams representing a set of core infrastructure platform teams in the Technology Domain of the central HEINEKEN organisation. Other Backbone Product Teams include Connectivity (networking), Identity & Access Management, Global Service Desk and Service Management Tooling.
As C&H we are responsible for providing datacentre and hybrid cloud infrastructure management services to the HEINEKEN group, serving more than 100 internal customer organisations globally and working with some of the biggest vendors in the industry including Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Akamai and T-Systems.
As the move to the Cloud is a key element of the global aim of HEINEKEN in becoming the best connected brewer in the world, the team is positioned to further build a key capability for the organisation and function as a Cloud Centre of Excellence.
HEINEKEN Global Shared Services Center was awarded as the Business Services Firm of the Year 2021!
Your responsibilities would include:
- Works with various stakeholders to understand and capture business requirements for the development/improvement of systems and services
- Provide support to the Product Owner(s) and Domain Architect in translating business requirements to functional and non-functional technical/support specifications for Product(s) or elements, which are cross-functional.
- Pro-actively identifies areas of improvement in the end-to-end value delivery
- Works with the team to elicit requirements for the next Sprint's Stories.
- Understands business requirements and acceptance criteria in the form of User Stories, assesses the complexity of these and translates these into implementable services, solutions and configurations.
- Supports the Product Owner in the breakdown, decomposition and description of business needs into Stories.
- Completes the User Stories with Acceptance Criteria;
Specific to the role of Business Analyst - Finance & Value:
- End-to-End responsible, but not accountable, for the management and orchestration of costs and proceeds of the Product Team, including but not limited to:
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing, tracking and posting of costs and proceeds across all Product Team cost centres
- Ensuring invoices are approved and paid on time (including the enablers such as POs, GRs etc.)
- Ensuring charge-outs are posted on time (including alignment with customers)
- Working with stakeholders in resolving issues/concerns on invoices and charge-outs/corrections
- Enabling the definition and implementation of value measurement in collaboration with key stakeholders
- Drive the monthly, quarterly and annual financial and value reporting for the Product Team towards key stakeholders and own the related content and platforms (reporting/ on-demand self-service/ measured service)
- Produce and own (under supervision of the Product Owner) the Rolling Forecast (RoFo) budgeting process
- Initiate/implement process improvement on end-to-end financial and (non-financial) value reporting (incl. automation)
- Engagement with internal customers and external vendors on charging and invoicing
- Responding to cross-charge/charge-out queries from various internal customers and stakeholders (fully supported by the Product Team)
- PO generation and Project budget administration/oversight (in conjunction with any Project Management required)
- Identifying spend trends for the Product Team and highlighting concerns on any trends out with normal boundaries
- Advocate of change on financial reporting and query handling from (internal) customer feedback aligning on continuous improvement with IT Control representatives
- Liaison between PMO, IT Control, HGSS and the Product Owner/Product Team.
- Ensures the product design and implementation adheres to functional requirements and architecture standards;
- Is responsible for ensuring the overall HEINEKEN standards and best practices are adhered by (i.e. Quality, Compliance, Security, resiliency);
- Ensure comprehensive and complete documentation is produced and shared, when required
- Maintains awareness of emerging technologies, industry trends, and architecture best practices; and evaluate them for applicability;
- Innovates, imagines and identifies new technological solutions and requirements, helping build a suite of fit-for-purpose Services to be consumed Globally, pre-empting requirements where possible
Infrastructure & Applications:
- Manages the quality of solutions and advises on management of technical debt.
- Identifies potential bottlenecks that affect the Product and their underlying causes and proposes innovative and imaginative ways to resolve.
- Keeps up with relevant developments in own functional area and ensures development, transfer and retention of knowledge. Is together with team members end-to-end responsible to deliver the value of a single Product through the entire Product life cycle;
- Delivers working Product enhancements within the allocated timescale and quality standards that minimize rework and aspire a zero-defect culture.
- Is a tech-savvy team member who develops Products with innovative elements while translating technical elements for non-technical team members;
- Provides guidance and coaching to other Product Team members on changes throughout the design process.
- Is multidisciplinary – ensuring that the key competencies and expertise needed to develop, build, deploy and support the Product are embedded in the team.
- Is willing to help other team members removing impediments.
- Is self-organising with other team members. There is no separate management layer, work is planned and executed by the team;
- Is Product oriented and supports/coaches team members on delivering a true end-to-end Service
Sourcing and supplier management:
- Supports Product Owner(s) in establishing contracts by defining Service Level Agreements, Statements of Work and governance;
- Supports the Product Owner(s) in maintaining the financial budget and ensures that this remains in line with the supplier contracts and complies with all corporate requirements for financial control, budgetary conformance and expenditure authorisation;
- Reviews invoices from suppliers against budget and delivered services
- Provide all relevant supplier correspondence that has or can have a legal impact to the Product Owner(s)
- Reviews all supplier payment trends against RoFo/Annual Plan to pro-actively identify any over/under spend and highlight to the relevant parties
- Maintains close contact with Supplier representatives for any PO/Invoice queries and has clear understanding of charging models for each supplier
- Provides input to the Product Owner and the HEINEKEN Procurement/Sourcing Teams on any supplier performance related to invoicing/billing
You are a good Candidate if:
- You have bachelor/Master’s degree
- You have qualifications in Business Administration or other related studies.
- You have relevant certification on the assigned expertise area (Public Cloud, System Admin, etc.)
- You have relevant certifications in (Agile) IT product delivery (e.g. ITIL v4, Lean IT, Scrum, DevOps)
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written)
- You have ability to operate with energy, conviction and commitment
- You have experience with defining and implementing (Agile/digital) application (development) support best practices, based on industry standards/market trends and technology
- You have experience with servicing global audiences (of consumer, customer and employee facing information systems) with varying cultural backgrounds
- You have experience with IT Service Management frameworks and processes
- You have experience with working in an international environment
- You have experience with supporting a Service Portfolio of medium to high complexity.
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal and in writing): ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical people at all levels of the organisation.
- You are analytically and quantitatively strong, highly structured.
- You have good understanding on finance PtP processes
- You have experience and understanding of financial planning including strategic/annual planning (SP/AP) and RoFo management
- You have experience in a financial role and as an analyst
- Your commercial acumen and high levels of attention to detail
- You ensure all deliverables meet a high personal standard and are delivered with pride
- You have experience using SAP or similar reporting system would be advantageous
- You have experience of creating/owning/administering PowerBI would be advantageous
- You have experience of administering SQL databases/connections would be a strong advantage
- You have willingness to become in expert in Agile value delivery, measurement and reporting (e.g. Evidence Based Management, Earned Value Management)
- You are a team player and is able to work effectively at all levels of the Product Team/organisation with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- You are able to identify and understand multiple stakeholder perspectives and perceptions and bring an open mind to understanding and build on the views of others.
- You are able to work in teams and work dedicated for a team.
- You work in a shared and collaborative fashion and always maintains transparency in delivery
- You understand of (cyber) security protocols, IT systems, networking infrastructures and database systems.
- You have experience of reviewing and understanding (Key) Value Indicators and producing actionable insights to improve/increase value
- You have preferably experience with working in a (Cloud) Managed Service Partner model
- You are preferably experienced in working in a multi-Cloud environment, with on-premise environments
- You have excellent facilitation, presentation, and analysing skills.
- You have business domain expertise for the relevant product.
- You have skills in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and financial modelling.
- You have preferably experience with working in an Agile environment.
- You have preferably experience with working with or knowledge of ServiceNow
- Experience using SAP ERP or similar would be advantageous
- Experience of working in a (Cloud) Managed Service Partner Model would be advantageous
- Understanding of Cloud, multi-Cloud and on-premise (non-Cloud) environments would be a strong advantage
Events and benefits:
Events and benefits:
- Private Medical Healthcare
- Performance bonus
- Sodexo card
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Development opportunities
- Local and global job opportunities within HEINEKEN
- ACCA Approved Employer