Senior Windows Operating System Performance Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you want to define the way our infrastructure operates?
We are looking for experienced and motivated senior level engineer with:
- in-depth knowledge of Windows Operating System (system configuration, dependencies between Operating System resources, e.g memory, Processor, threads, IOPS)
- advanced troubleshooting skills (Windows Operating System and applications)
Candidate is expected to have skills to:
- work autonomously on assigned tasks:
- understand and analyze performance of mission-critical business and
core applications, and how they function and interact in
today's complex virtualized IT environment
- understand end to end complex applications used by
large financial organizations and the performance impact
on the virtual windows operating environment
- to serve as the gate keepers for critical applications that
are being packaged for deployment into the virtualized
windows platform at UBS
- conduct comprehensive analysis/troubleshooting of
Windows base applications in effort to assess its efficiency
in utilizing Operating System resources.
- Interpret test results and identify root cause of discovered
- cooperate with application developers, vendors during
applications performance troubleshooting
- Understand CLOUD technology, preferably familiar with Microsoft AZURE CLOUD
You'll be working in the Performance Engineering team in
Wroclaw, Poland. Their goal is to implement a review
process for all applications being deployed to UBS's desktop platforms (virtual and physical)
and ensuring only suitable applications get introduced
into the environment.
Performance Engineering team is also involved in applications and Operating System performance troubleshooting/improvement cases.
The Performance Engineering team
is working closely with the Platform Engineering teams,
Application Owners across the firm and Product Vendors
(as needed) collecting and analyzing data ultimately
providing highly detailed reports that will allow product
owners to remediate applications accordingly.
• Senior level experience (10+ years) in advanced troubleshooting and performance analysis of Windows OS and Windows based applications – Performance testing refers to analysis of OS resources utilization by tested product and responsiveness from an End User perspective.
• Experience in Windows 10 OS performance troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of MS Office 365
• Working knowledge of following tools: Perfmon, SysInternals Suite (Process Monitor, Process Explorer), Windows Performance Analyzer/xPerf
• familiarity with Splunk, SysTrack, App Dynamics, DynaTrace or Fiddler is a strong plus
• Firm understanding of Windows Operating System performance counters in reference to Memory, CPU, DISK, Threads, Handles etc.
• Experience with the automation of application testing
• Experience and understanding in applications integration technologies - MSI, AppV and Citrix
• Experience in scripting languages (eg. Powershell, Python, Perl, Shell Scripting)
• Ability to assess product responsiveness as it is seen from End User perspective
• Understand CLOUD technology, preferably Microsoft AZURE CLOUD
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.