Senior Database Developer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Do you know how to write queries processing millions of records in seconds? Are you interested in quickly evolving data science? Do you like to be challenged and encouraged to learn and grow professionally?
We are looking for software engineer to:
- be a part of a self-organized Scrum team
- design, plan and deliver sustainable data model that can support ever growing volume
- create and implement complex code changes
- translate business requirements into working solution
- refactor and evolve existing codebase to support new processes
- ensure highest quality of deliverables
- support development tools and infrastructure
You'll be working in the Krakow based team where we create and support strategic solutions for Group Technology.
As a member of our team you will be working on a data centric project that is automating exchange of information between UBS and external counterparties and regulators.
We follow agile principles and constantly look for a way to improve our processes. Your team will be working with multiple product backlogs, cooperating with business stakeholders on regular basis. We strive to automate repetitive work (regression tests, Continuous Integration and deployment tests and similar).
– experience with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle 11g/12c/18c
– good understanding of data driven solutions and approach to large volume data processing
– database performance tuning skills and SQL code tuning skills
– experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripting
– working knowledge of XML processing – XQuery, XSLT, etc.
– strong troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow process
– a couple of years of experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
– excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
– hands on experience with Java, Kafka, Web Services
- knowledge of Business Intelligence tools (Business Objects, Tableau, etc.)
– experience of building front to back risk dashboards, understanding key operational risk metrics, post trade controls and familiarity with the regulatory reporting environment (a plus)
– be opened for new ideas / approaches (cloud processing, Big Data)
- flexible and open-minded
- self-driven and proactive
- paying attention to details
- responsible and committed to deliver results
- able to manage, prioritize and solve problems quickly and completely
- good team player
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.