Senior Linux Integration Engineer
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you passionate about delivering building robust and scalable application systems? Do you have a curious nature, always interested in how to innovate? We’re looking for someone like that to help us:
We provide system engineering and application integration tasks to merge applications and standard platforms in order to build efficient products that serve the needs of our business.
As an Application Integrator you will guide our internal development projects as well as external software vendors during software integration tasks starting from the prove of concept, via our test environments up into production.
• Analyze complexity and feasibility of new or changed requirements. Advise on existing and planned systems, UBS standards and guidelines (requirement engineering)
• Within specified architecture, define platform requirement sizing, network and controlling components and system software. Define necessary technical and human resources. Investigate possible alternative scenarios and verify feasibility.
• Plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems (hardware or software, networks, controls), ready for operations.
• Analyze outages and defective states, initiate and monitor measures to remedy them (3rd level support).
• Maintain documentation relevant to operations (operation manual, installation guide, etc.).
The Front-to-Back Integration team is a team of technical professionals with diverse backgrounds, who collaborate with third party software providers, to integrate their products into the UBS technical environment. The team interacts with a wide range of functions in UBS’s global Wealth Management business. Members of the team play key roles in many of the bank's strategic initiatives, as we seek to globalize and digitize our IT platform. The main team is located in Zurich. A part of the team will be built up in Krakow/Wroclaw.
• Ideally 5+ years’ experience of Linux
• Experience with deployments into the Microsoft Azure cloud
• Worked with GitLab / Ansible in the past
• Good experience with scripting languages (Python, Ansible, Bash, basics of Java)
• Competent knowledge of web technologies, protocols, standards
• Competent knowledge of security architecture and technologies
• Ability to manage a diverse workload effectively in a highly demanding environment
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.