Business management, administration and support, Information Technology (IT), Research
Job Reference #
Are you interested to use data science and most recent technology to solve real world business problems? Does the prospect of dealing with complex problems in different areas excite you? Do you want to play an instrumental role in building operational Artificial Intelligence models at UBS?
We are looking for a Data Scientist to:
– Apply state-of-the-art Data Analysis and Machine Learning techniques to real data and problems
– Operationalize inhouse developed solution in collaboration with various business and technical stakeholders
– Design and implement proof-of-concepts / pilots, minimum viable products, business cases and quality control
– Preparing, validating and optimizing code for production uses
– Conduct requirements-gathering and analyze a broad range of data of the highest confidentiality
– Work within a global team and partner with senior management to build awareness, assess opportunities for cognitive technologies and maximize value/impact of the function
– Build trust and strong working relationships with Business and Technology stakeholders
– Partner with other IT teams to enable and drive deployment of Artificial Intelligence capabilities
You will be working in the Group Operations Central Cognitive team based in Poland. We are a dynamic and diverse team of transformation professionals with focus to incubate, mature and scale cognitive platforms and extend automation spectrum for Group Operations working in close collaboration with IT colleagues
– Advanced degree in quantitative field such as Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or similar
– Broad understanding and hands-on experience in Machine Learning and Deep Learning models for classification, clustering, anomaly detection and Natural Language Processing (NLP) tasks; experience with computer vision tasks is a plus
– Proven ability to write production-level code in Python, as well as experience with Python libraries for Data Analysis (NumPy, pandas, Matplotlib), Machine Learning (scikit-learn), Deep Learning (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch) and NLP (NLTK, spaCy, Gensim)
– Usage of version control systems and project tracking tools (e.g. GitLab, JIRA, Asana)
– Basic knowledge of MLOps (models lifecycle, setting up environments, using pipelines)
– Effective self-starter who excels in a lean and fast-paced organization
– Highly driven and motivated with a can-do attitude; eager to continuously learn and solve complex problems, focusing on practical and implementable solutions
– A strong written and verbal communicator (English), able to explain complex models on a suitable aggregation level to various stakeholders, interested in building a network across a global organization
– Experience with Cloud Computing is a plus
– Experience with Big Data tools (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) is a plus
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.