Compute Service Project Manager
Information Technology (IT)
Job Reference #
Are you interested in driving change? Can you think analytically? Do you have an experience in Change Management? Within Infrastructure and Security Engineering (ISE) Distributed Hosting a role exists for a driven and experienced project manager to take responsibility for the delivery of the Project related activity under the Compute Sub Service. We are looking for someone who will:
- run projects from initiation through implementation
- deliver project plans, reporting against plans, work breakdown structure documentation and management manage a team of junior project managers and project officers
- manage funding cycles and spend profiles for the individual streams of work as well as financials against defined budgets
- manage a team of developers, service support, product management and external Vendors resources, in a matrix based organization
- track progress against defined project timelines and provide updates and decision support to management and key stakeholders
- provide comprehensive analysis and recommendations
- work with support organizations to continue to define and implement the service offering globally.
- build strong partnerships with experts across the organization
- identify, quantify and manage inherent and residual risks and issues decisions and dependencies throughout the projects lifecycle
- partner with and coordinate deliverables across teams globally
- act as the immediate escalation point for all customers, stakeholders and IT Management for the services provided
- document processes and support, where required, with the development organizations
- define and drive project management tasks in the areas of quality control and task management
- manage internal and external stakeholder groups in engineering, support and Business line IT groups
- report on team performance and KPIs and develop recommendations and run with ad-hoc projects to improve quality of service
- uphold high standards for timely issue resolution
- Write and deliver regular progress reports, including managing dependencies, actions, issues and risk
Your Career Comeback
We are open to applications from career returners. Find out more about our program on ubs.com/careercomeback.
Infrastructure Core is a global organization within Group Technology Infrastructure & Security Engineering providing technology platforms to underpin our partners business applications. You will be part of the Distributed Services Change delivery team, which has a global footprint and works with clients and wider team members spread across the world. Together we drive consistency across business divisions and optimize operations and support costs, by providing timely, robust, cost effective solutions and products to our clients.
You'll be working the Compute team based in Poland. As an IT Infrastructure Project Manager, you will be instrumental in leading change for the compute platforms across the globe and in designing and building solutions to automate the deployment, configuration and upgrade of these systems. Team work is pivotal to our success, it plays a very important role. We offer flexibility in the workplace and equal opportunities to all our team members.
- work experience in similar position, minimum 2 years' experience applying project management techniques using agile and waterfall methodologies
- proven track record of project delivery in a complex global environment
- strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
- strong project management skills
- knowledge in IT infrastructure projects
- the ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new topics and understand complex issues in a short time period
- knowledge of financial services companies and environments
- practical project management experience developed through managing global IT Infrastructure projects through from initiation through to delivery
- an excellent communicator, with persuasive presentation skills
- well organized, with an innate sense of how to prioritize (you make lists and get things checked off)
- able to manage key client relationships and build productive working relationships
- a team player able to work with a globally distributed IT team
- accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- structured, systematic and analytical in approach
- a solid project manager experienced in a major organization
- client service oriented, with teamwork and influencing skill
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
UBS Recruiting Poland
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.