We are currently looking for an experienced Technical Product & Insighs Mangager to join our Marine business.
Shell Marine is a global business and an important part of Sector & Decarbonation. The shipping industry with all it’d diversity and global interdependencies is considered a hard to decarbonize industry. Supporting shipping on the journey to 2050 will be therefore challenging but also full of exciting opportunities and Shell Marine is playing an important and big role.
Shell Marine is the strategic connect between Shell and the shipping industry for Fuels, LNG, future Fuels and all other products and services Shell is offering. Shell Marine also supplies lubricants to the marine sector with a presence in 710 ports and 61 countries, serving over 10.000 vessels per year.
Shell Marine is a growing business, through digital transformation and entering new markets which will lead to revenues beyond lubricants, from services and other marine products. Shell Marine is building the digital capability to offer a seamless customer experience on lubricants, enabling it to become an integrator for products that ships need when in port.
In an increasingly commoditized world, services and technical products are an important differentiator, an additional revenue stream and a growth leavers for Shell Marine. Working closely with the wider team and deliver industry leading technical products and services in close cooperation with the frontline team and customers, is the major purpose for this role.
Purpose of the role:
The Technical Product & Insights Manager owns the dashboard and data creation delivering the required insights to develop and introduce an industry leading technical customer experience needed to proactively consult and support customers on the range of products sold by Shell Marine.
By working closely with the the digital team, marketing, IT and the wider technical team the Technical Product & Insights Manager supports the offering smart tools and sensors, combine it with intelligent data mining and create meaningful and value adding advise and insights allowing preventive monitoring and maintenance resulting in quantifiable values for our customers.
Technical services are an additional leaver for growing the business by diversifying the technical customer experience and create an additional revenue stream. The Technical Product & Insights Manager understands the E2E value chain of the services and creates a robust data model allowing fact-based decisions and innovation, and a financial model and offer that can be executed by sales and create a sustainable and solid revenue stream for Shell Marine.
- Support the delivery and monetisation of existing services
- Using existing and introduce new data models enable full leverage of technical abilities such as services, offers, sales boosting activities all leading to direct revenue
- As part of the central team, propose and implement innovative but pragmatic ideas to simplify and automate activities as much as possible
- Reduce manual activity
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis of product performance and revenue generation
- Serve the needs of Customers, operating in an increasingly complex and demanding technical environment
- Requirement to work closely with regional technical teams
- Be flexible enough to accommodate the changing business needs and to readjust priorities as required by the business
As the Marine business is constantly changing, the job scope highlighted here may be changed to suit the changing business need.
1. Marine and technical knowledge
- Good commercial sense, good knowledge of value chains in a maritime and service environment
- Focus and strong interest in developments in the shipping industry
- Proven analytical skills and strong affinity for data analytics
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of the marine industry is an advantage
- Knowledge of services and technical delivery is an advantage
2. Virtual Team working
- Experience in working with virtual operational / technical teams would be an advantage
3. Communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers internationally and in a virtual environment
- Strong verbal and written capacity of English language
- Evidence of understanding how technology/technical services deliver commercial value would be beneficial
- Candidate with passion for IT Projects Management would be preferred