We have 2 vacancies for experienced Marine Technical Service Engineers to join our global Marine business.
Shell Marine is a global business and an important part of Sector & Decarbonation. The shipping industry with all it’d diversity and global interdependencies is considered a hard to decarbonize industry. Supporting shipping on the journey to 2050 will be therefore challenging but also full of exciting opportunities and Shell Marine is playing an important and big role.
Shell Marine is the strategic connect between Shell and the shipping industry for Fuels, LNG, future Fuels and all other products and services Shell is offering. Shell Marine also supplies lubricants to the marine sector with a presence in 710 ports and 61 countries, serving over 10.000 vessels per year.
Shell Marine is a growing business, through digital transformation and entering new markets which will lead to revenues beyond lubricants, from services and other marine products. Shell Marine is building the digital capability to offer a seamless customer experience on lubricants, enabling it to become an integrator for products that ships need when in port.
In an increasingly commoditized world, services and technical products are an important differentiator, an additional revenue stream and a growth leavers for Shell Marine. Working closely with the wider team and deliver industry leading technical products and services in close cooperation with the frontline team and customers is the major purpose for this role.
The main purpose of the role is to:
1. Deliver technical services in an effective and aligned way
2. Work closely with regional Technical Advisors and Customer to create insights and value customers are willing to pay for.
3. Support global technical and sales activities in delivering on the business target
- Delivery of technical analysis and advice (on, for example, Feed Rate Optimization / Cylinder Condition Monitoring / Oil Life Extension programmes) in close cooperation with regional Technical Advisors and Customers
- Delivering second line technical support to customers and the regional technical teams
- Support front line customer facing activities, training of customers
- As part of the central team, propose and implement innovative but pragmatic ideas to simplify and automate activities as much as possible
- Reduce manual activity
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis of product performance related claims
- Serve the needs of Customers, operating in an increasingly complex and demanding technical environment
- Requirement to work closely with regional technical teams
- Be flexible enough to accommodate the changing business needs and to readjust priorities as required by the business
- As the Marine business is constantly changing, the job scope highlighted here may be changed to suit the changing business need
1. Marine and technical knowledge
- Relevant technical experience which would include practical experience in the operation and maintenance of machinery plant, preferably gained in a marine or power generation environment, or as OEM service engineer
- Proven analytical skills
- Knowledge on Marine Fuels including handling and management onboard vessel
- Knowledge on Lubricants including used oil analysis and condition monitoring would be of advantage
2. Virtual Team working
- Experience in working with virtual operational / technical teams would be an advantage
3. Communication skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with customers internationally and in a virtual environment
- Strong verbal and written capacity of English language
- Evidence of understanding how technology/technical services deliver commercial value would be beneficial