We are currently looking for an experienced acquisition marketing professional to join our Shell Fleet Solutions structures. This is a new role that sits in the SME Team in Shell Fleet Solutions & Emobility.
The SME Team covers markets across Europe and Asia and will be responsible for delivering scalable growth in customer numbers, margin and active product and services usage through digital channels. This role provides a unique opportunity to be at the heart of our shift to growing a profitable customer base of micro and small businesses.
At Shell Fleet Solutions, our ambition is to grow our B2B micro and small customer portfolio utilising digital marketing and our largest branded channel – our forecourts.The growth will be done by delivering world-class customer value propositions, products and services through seamless, customer-centric digital channels.
You’ll be working alongside passionate people who love what we do enjoy being champions of customer-centricity and are genuinely excited at the prospect of growing a profitable business in a previously under-served customer segment. We foster a learner mindset, and so we commit to providing opportunities for personal and professional development for each member of the team – you can expect a multi-faceted, supportive work environment here.
The Paid & Social Media Manager is responsible for building the strategy to grow our small and micro size business portfolio by improving our online presence. You will develop and manage paid media campaigns across PPC, paid social, remarketing and other paid channels with a particular focus on Google Display & Search, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other B2B channels. This individual will work with our global media agency and our local marketing managers to design and deliver in-bound lead generation campaigns. The role will also be responsible for working with the rest of the digital marketing team to plan, develop and deliver content across social media platforms.
- Develop and drive paid media strategies to deliver new customer growth in the SME sector.
- Work with our media agency to setup and manage Paid Search, Programmatic/Display, YouTube and Social Media campaigns
- Building new campaigns, budget management, ongoing optimisation and testing new channels.
- Work with local marketing teams to ensure they understand the performance of their campaigns, the value of work delivered and ensure they can assess other new potential channels they can use to further drive acquisition
- Provide monthly performance reports including but not limited to revenue targets, forecasting, resource and industry updates as well as performance insights that clearly spell out optimisation opportunities
- Create proposals for local marketing teams showing clear value propositions and costs of undertaking activity.
- Manage internal and agency relationships, expectations and projects in a highly organised manner, with the ability to prioritise work.
- We’re constantly building capabilities, so you will capture and define best practices, create playbooks to facilitate knowledge transfer to our local SME marketers
- Proactively keep up on top of the latest paid media industry news and trends and share key knowledge with stakeholders.
The role sits in a Central strategy team, and will require developing strong relationships with local marketing counterparts in order to execute on the central paid media strategy with local relevance.
Execution of paid media campaigns is managed by our global media agency. This means hands-on activations will be limited, with a focus rather on ensuring the right level of strategy, reporting and playbooks are delivered consistently across all markets, and that the agency is set-up to deliver on targets.
This is a newly formed team, so there will be a requirement to build a Paid Strategy from scratch, define clear ways of working with agencies and local markets, and build credibility and expertise quickly.
This role requires strong project and communications skills to effectively manage a global paid media activation in markets with varying levels of digital maturity.
- proven track of previous work experience in digital marketing with 3+ years of experience planning, execution and optimising within the following platforms: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, LinkedIn Advertising, Facebook Advertising, Programmatic , to deliver inbound marketing campaigns. Experience working agency side is a bonus
- Experience using social marketing management tools (Sprinklr)
- A genuine passion for paid and social media to drive forward innovative campaign design and activation, pushing the boundaries to learn fast and adapt
- A high level of numeracy with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (comfortable presenting plans/ideas to internal stakeholders and briefing agencies)
- Understanding at strategic level the interactions between content marketing, inbound marketing and marketing automation to ensure the team delivers on its integrated marketing objectives
- Possessing a good mix of strategic thinking, commercial understanding and practical delivery capabilities.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Self-motivated and able to work under own initiative