- To provide anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), and anti-money laundering (AML) and trade compliance (TC) advice and training as a member of the specialist ABC/AML/TC team on a wide range of issues, primarily ABC, AML, TC compliance advice in respect of the Group E&C Manual. Knowledge and experience of international ABC, AML and TC laws including the FCPA, UKBA, POCA and international sanctions regimes are required - fluency in English is essential and additional languages would be a distinct advantage.
- Working with the other ABC/AML/TC lawyers in London, Houston, Perth, The Hague and elsewhere, you will be responsible for providing specialist ABC, AML, TC advice and support to Group companies on a wide range of issues, primarily ABC, AML and TC compliance advice in respect of the E&C Manual and its procedures, due diligence questions and investigations.
- You will be advising independently on a wide range of ABC, AML, TC law issues and will be expected to have significant experience in this area. You will engage externally with other companies, associations and regulators to promote the rule of law through effective ABC, AML and TC standards, regulations and best practices.
- Knowledge and experience of the principal international ABC, AML and TC laws, including the FCPA, UKBA, POCA and international sanctions regimes required.
- Sound legal experience and a calm, confident and practical, solutions-oriented approach. Strong presentation skills and a good team player with the ability to interact effectively with clients at all levels in the Shell organisation and other lawyers, both in-house and in private practice. Ability to work without daily supervision is essential.
- The successful candidate must be a good team player and able to work closely and coordinate other Shell lawyers and functions, possess the discipline to prioritise projects and conflicting demands, be able to delegate, be able to firmly communicate with tact and diplomacy at multiple levels and across different cultures. Problem-solving and decision-making skills are a necessity as is an extensive knowledge of Shell policies and practices.
- The successful candidate must be capable of engaging with Shell Senior executives on a regular basis.
Experience and Qualifications required
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
1. Excellent legal drafting skills.
2. Strong negotiation and counselling skills.
3. Significant experience with business transactions, including NBD, M&A and JVs.
4. Ability to work independently without the assistance of outside counsel.
5. Ability to meet deadlines and demonstrate flexibility.
6. Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, including with senior level executives and overseas colleagues.
8. Knowledge and experience in international ABC and AML laws, including the FCPA and UKBA.