This role is an important contributor to supporting Shell's overall business processes by authoring safety data sheets. New products and entry into new markets cannot occur without supporting documentation.
General Position Definition
The Safety Data Sheet authoring team is part of the Product Stewardship Focus Delivery Group (PS FDG) that is responsible for the delivery of Hazard Communication documentation to various classes of business to support Shell's license to operate. The team manages more than 130,000 documents in more than 27 languages. The team manages close relationships with other functions, e.g. Shell Health, Shell Legal and business contacts to execute this work. The product stewardship authoring platform is the primary system for supporting this work and requires the application of a skill level of knowledge to execute the required job activities. This position seeks an individual with demonstrated competency in one or more of the required competencies for this work.
Individual contributor with no direct reports. Is part of a global team that is responsible for supporting business compliance. Must meet timelines and product quality expectations. Omissions can result in penalties and business interruption.
- Has a leadership role in scheduling project work, resolving problems (defects), process improvements, etc.
- Works within the rules and processes defined for the team to identify and assemble appropriate information within the system to produce accurate safety data sheets to meet the agreed deadlines (COB SLAs or project due dates).
- Applies technical knowledge and regulatory rules to produce compliant hazard communication documentation. Is comfortable challenging presented information that does not appear to be consistent with current regulatory interpretations.
- Manages stakeholders within FDG (e.g. Product Stewards, systems support) and outside (e.g. Shell Health, CoB focal points)
- Identifies and promotes Continuous Improvement opportunities to eliminate waste where possible.
- Is a primary lead for specific business areas or lines and coordinates support for that area as needed. Makes safety data sheets available to the business, ensuring on time product delivery to customers.
- Has a recognized proficiency in one or more areas of regulatory or technical content and the functioning of the system.
- Coaches and supports others in the team within a particular area of expertise
- Is able to identify and work with the business or functional specialists to resolve data omissions or inconsistencies and share learning in the team from such issues.
- Plans and executes work assigned. Report on status and escalate issues that may impact delivery. Negotiates delivery of work with the customer and immediate supervisor.
- Follows up on defect elimination efforts and schedules project work to ensure closure of actions.
- Is responsible for the quality of their work and when needed, the quality of others.
- Follows records management processes as prescribed.