About work in our team
The world is changing, becoming digital, and so are we. We are leaving the traditional bank behind us and are choosing to move forward as a digital enterprise. This is exactly why we need talented people who will join us on this journey.
For that type of person, we have a role waiting for you as a Software Engineering - Junior Application Operation in the Trade Finance cluster, which is located on Ogrodowa street.
Description of the cluster:
Cluster Trade Finance delivers fast, client-focused and central provision of trade finance products and services for all clients globally along the whole trade finance supply chain - electronically and traditionally. Our main products are a documentary business (LC, Collections), bank payment obligation (BPO) and guarantees. We combine all services regarding Trade Finance products from product management, product-specific / technical sales support up to run and change all TF IT-systems. To support the business processes, we develop our own, integrate 3party software applications and operate them on different IT-platforms.
Description of the position:
In your role as Junior Application Administrator you will be involved in the operations of new applications or maintain and administer existing ones. Our main technical platforms are Unix and Windows server, Oracle and MS SQL -Database, IBM Websphere AS+MQ, Sterling File Gateway, Connect Direct and some more.
Other duties include gathering and documenting application deployment and administration requirements, incident analyzing and quality assurance. All applications need to be developed, deployed and administered based on the standard Commerzbank architecture and procedures.
from the very
and health insurance
- 2nd Level Support for our products in the cluster
- As a Junior Application Administrator you are responsible for a smooth transition of new applications and releases into environments (Pre-Prod / Prod) to ensure stable operations of the applications within your scope. The role requires a good understanding of application operations as well as of technologies applied (application server, databases, interfaces)
- Interest to take responsibility and drive tasks to completion or to improve procedures and processes
- In close cooperation with the IT Platform team and the software vendor, you will be administered and maintaining the applications. In case of incidents or issues, you will analyze and solve the problems in close collaboration with other involved teams
- You will be performing the acceptance test- and deployment process for new or released applications and interfaces,
- Creation and management of technical documentation
- Weekend work or support at non-standard working times might be required from time to time (e.g. for major releases)
- You are one of the experts within your scrum team for all aspects of the IT platform for the new Tade Finance (deploy and run)
The team currently developing the new Trade Finance platform consists of business analysts, software architects, developers, application managers, scrum masters and other specialists with diverse backgrounds, but on the common feature: Jointly and dynamically developing and maintaining the best solutions for our customers.
- You will monitor these IT applications, perform the regular morning checks and react to all errors and support their correction
- Get involved in driving the used technology forward (e.g. implementation of CI/CD framework)
- Basic knowledge of Application Operation in Cloud Systems
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows Server
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting / Perl scripting
- Basic knowledge of relational databases; Oracle, MS SQL
- Basic knowledge of administration and deployment application server technology
- Basic knowledge of Webserver: Webcontainer, Webservices e.g. Tomcat
- Basic knowledge of IBM Websphere MQ
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Basic knowledge of application monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace)
- Basic knowledge of Java, JEE (for application operation and maintenance)
- Basic knowledge of Connect Direct
Foreign language skills:
- English B2 level - mandatory
- German - nice to have
Please add the following disclaimer to your application:
2. I have read the content of the information clause, including information about the purpose and methods of processing personal data and the right to access to my personal data and about the right to correct, rectify and delete it.
(Put a link to ,,Experience summary” module)
We will ask you to for your CV later in the process.